Off Topic Stopped by police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stick family is the most important part of our lives now,,,it's hard to just rely on facetime or I drop by and stand outside while I have a visit with my grandkids and daughter,,,,but in reality its better than nothing,,,they say on that one Covid 19 commercial to keep in touch with family,,,hope all is well with your family and hope to see you on the river or I'll get my quad and we can go riding on some trails..lol...STAY SAFE...Pocono

Not to stir more shit but to try and figure out whats going on:
this is from Apr 01 CTV news page:
Police in Ontario clarify whether they're issuing tickets to cars with multiple passengers

TORONTO -- Several police services in Ontario have clarified that they are not issuing tickets to vehicles where there is more than one passenger.

Questions around vehicle occupancy arose Tuesday when social posts emerged showing tickets supposedly issued to a driver for having a non-family member in the car with them.

According to the post, the $750 fine cited the province's Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and was issued in Scarborough.

More in the link below:
Full article

No non essential travel. Pretty simple
Taken from ontario government website, notice the part that says avoid all non essential travel. Pretty damn simple people. You can expect more tickets:

For all Canadians who have not travelled outside of the country
Stay at home as much as possible. All Canadians should be practicing physical (social) distancing. Even if you don't have symptoms of COVID-19, you could become infected by others.

• stay at home unless you have to go to work
    • talk to your employer about working at home if possible
  • avoid all non-essential trips in your community
  • do not gather in groups
  • limit contact with people at higher risk (e.g. older adults and those in poor health)
  • go outside to exercise but stay close to home
  • if you leave your home, always keep a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others
    • household contacts (people you live with) do not need to distance from each other unless they are sick or have travelled in the last 14 days
Bang on Bassaholic. Fishing/boating is non-essential travel!! This thing is out of control because we have a lot of people not getting it. You wanna risk your own health . Go for it. But you're risking a lot of people's health by not being in compliance.

It's not the regional cops we are worried about. It's the TPS and the OPP. The OPP runs the show north of TO and even in plenty of our southern small towns.

commie leader Kerry shit has already said if you don't follow their rules they will come after you with even heavier harsher rules.

A friend of mine got tired of all this shit and just drove to the OPP and asked them. They had laughed and said NO, they don't do that for 2-drivers cars. There is an increased police presence because of 60% increase in stunt driving. Other than that, yes, 5+ is not allowed, public places are closed, so whoever gets there, gets a ticket.

Hi All,

A friend of mine sent me this... So, 3 guys went north of Toronto for a fishing trip, and were stopped by police. They were asked where they are going, and they said of course fishing. They got $750 fine, and the police officer said they can contest it at court. Anyone experienced this? Are we not allowed to go fishing with 2 people wearing gloves and mask? WTF! What is the basis for this? Can anyone explain and point to a law that explains that?
No doubt they were NOT from the same household and there is absolutely no way then that they should be in close contact like in the same vehicle !

No doubt they were NOT from the same household and there is absolutely no way then that they should be in close contact like in the same vehicle !

John have you not read some of the responses just above your post? This whole thread was started about a fabricated incident. It never happened.

John have you not read some of the responses just above your post? This whole thread was started about a fabricated incident. It never happened.
No, it did happen. 3 guys went fishing to a provincial park, and they should not have. They were fined.

No, it did happen. 3 guys went fishing to a provincial park, and they should not have. They were fined.
That I'm not sure of that but the OP stated it was for having 3 in a car got fined for going fishing. Entering a closed area was never mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks