Search results

1. B

Minnows

Thanks for the replies. Problem now with boat - heat exchanger.... inside rotted / corroded. Service arranged so it won't be long. :) BillO
  2. B

Minnows

Ok, it's May 13th..... any word as to where minnows are now? Port Bruce? - either of the ramps? - and how is the perching there? Port Burwell - who has minnows? - and how's the perching there? Thanks for theinfo in advance, BillO - London
  3. B

keeping minnows alive

Ice in the water. Aerator on the side of the bucket. (they'll keep better in very cold water, so use an old cooler with lots of ice in it if you have one and keep the aerator on.) BillO London
  4. B

Question about new down riggers

Walker Capt Pak for sure. BEST value out there. Big Jon - pay TOOO much for the name. Scotty - WWAAAYY too wide (take up the whole width of the transom, leaving little room between them, gravity down of the ball, not controlled decent like the Walker. (have had mine along time now. The oldest...
  5. B

FOR ALL THOSE WHO LOVE CROCS

I can't believe the price of some of those croc shoes, (if you can call those plastic things shoes). I was in Bass Pro in Toronto a few weeks ago, and they were tagged at $70 !!!!!! ouch! And they leave weird tan lines / spots on your feet. But, it sure gets some guys on huge numbers of huge...
  6. B

Coulda, shoulda...

One time, either of the 2 largest fish I had on board out of the 4 or 5 we had caught (3 fishermen) would have taken the 1st prize in one of the Lk Huron spring derbies. Too bad neither of the other 2 guys with me wanted to buy tickets! So I couldn't enter those two. Oh well, it's a memory...
  7. B

St. Williams today

Last time I was out was with Grangers. It was wood heat. Good huts. Stoke the fire, and take off your jackets for sure. Here's hoping the fish turn on soon. Have fun. BillO London
  8. B

Here We Go Again

Right on binfishin! Outlaw them in this country. Jack up the fines wwwaaayyy up there. Ottawa and Toronto both should be talking strongly to Washington and all of the state capitals which have these fish within them. These fish will ruin the Great Lakes in just a decade or two according to what...
  9. B

Lowrance Seminar Date Monday Dec. 2ND.

Jos put on a very informative seminar last night. The group was small-ish, but just a nice size. All questions were answered for various Lowrance models, set ups done and so on. Importantly, it was explained why to do certain things a certain way; we weren't simply told "Do it this way!"...
  10. B

Anyone heard about a seminar yet?

Hi all, Has Jos set anything up yet on an electronics seminar we all read about so many weeks ago? Thanks,
  11. B

FISH SMOKER

I have a Masterbuilt electric version. - the one without the glass in the door. (that would just get so dirty that one couldn't see through the glass anyway). I tend to think the electric unit has better temp control with the digital unit on top over the propane units, but I've only owned this...
  12. B

Port Stanley Rescue

JohnPK, I agree with you. Taxes paid cover us for fire, police, army, whatever.... There may be a line where a person may be charged. I don't know the regulations, but for day to day, rescue should be covered. What about a minor who runs away from a campsite after a disagreement with their...
  13. B

LORWRANCE UPDATE ELITE 7 2.0 VERSION

I might be tough getting over there from London by 6:00. Might I suggest 6:30 as the start please? Thanks, BillO London
  14. B

Port Bruce perch and Minnows?

Thanks for that info! Obviously, I didn't make it out today. I thought if no one was getting back to my request, maybe it wasn't worthwhile going out. I hear you have big minnows? ("The bigger the bait, the bigger the fish"!)
  15. B

Hi Big Dave, Thanks for your reply. I guess you are the only person who wished to say anything helpful. I took your reply as that, as I do know you aren't fishing near the Port Bruce area. LP is a long way off. I hope you continue to have a successful season. BillO
  16. B

Hi all, Well, the party's almost over. :( At this point most of us are probably thinking we should have gotten our boats and lines into the lake more this summer. So, here I am looking at Windfinder thinking tomorrow might be a good day to get out there again. The weekend is shaping up to be a...
  17. B

Minnows

I saw signs for minnows for sale yesterday (Thur Aug29) when I took my boat down to Port Bruce for an adjustment yesterday. (thanks to one of Greg's great mechanics) I passed by the beach and saw 4 boats (mid afternoon) off of the beach perching. While sitting at the park having a cold pop, I...
  18. B

Any minnows in Port Bruce?

I'm planning a trip out to Pt Bruce tomorrow (Sunday). Who has minnows there? - hoping to do some trolling and then perchin'. Thanks in advance for the info.
  19. B

Forum Software Upgrade...

Bassaholic, MANY thanks for that info! I didn't know about that function. I thought setting the time must be somewhere, but just didn't think to look at that method. I've re-set to Eastern and feel that all is well now. BillO
  20. B

Forum Software Upgrade...

This is my go-to site on Erie fishing. Many thanks for keeping it going so well. Will we be able to get the time of posting showing correctly? I never did find any option to change the time. Thanks, BillO London
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks