Port Bruce perch and Minnows?

BillO

Hi all,
Well, the party's almost over. :( At this point most of us are probably thinking we should have gotten our boats and lines into the lake more this summer.
So, here I am looking at Windfinder thinking tomorrow might be a good day to get out there again. The weekend is shaping up to be a blow-out, as September often does to us!
Some fresh perch would be nice. I don't really feel like trolling this time. For whatever reason, the pics and bows have been finicky for me - on and off is not polite of those fishies! :eek:

Is there still good perching to be had off of Port Bruce? (I know BD is still going gangbusters!)
How deep and where from P Bruce would one go just now?
I hope Greg has willing minnows! (y) - assuming it is worth the trip down and out for perch. If not, it will have to be trolling again. Say, how deep, where and lure selections are doing it now?

Thanks to all!
BillO
London

I will be out with a crew tomorrow too. Weather looks good, keep at em. I will fish till mid October,

Sunday and Monday look decent too!

BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Big Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I guess you are the only person who wished to say anything helpful. I took your reply as that, as I do know you aren't fishing near the Port Bruce area. LP is a long way off.
I hope you continue to have a successful season.

BillO

perch was slow Thursday in Bruce ,most guys were getting minnows and heading to Berwell ,but lake rough Tuesday ,Wensaday .lot better today

perch was slow Thursday in Bruce ,most guys were getting minnows and heading to Berwell ,but lake rough Tuesday ,Wensaday .lot better today

Thanks for that info! Obviously, I didn't make it out today. I thought if no one was getting back to my request, maybe it wasn't worthwhile going out. I hear you have big minnows? ("The bigger the bait, the bigger the fish"!)

few guys launch and out today, let you no how they did, been just filling there pail up with as many minnows as allowed and they pay by how many they used,and return the rest for the next guy so they have some as well none go to waste at least and keeps everyone happy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks