Minnows

Tacoma

Are minnows still available in Port Bruce.If so are the perch still there? Any feedback appreciated.

we still have all kinds of minnows and yes there is still lots of perch around, and these are 1 to 2 inch minnows not little pin heads

I saw signs for minnows for sale yesterday (Thur Aug29) when I took my boat down to Port Bruce for an adjustment yesterday. (thanks to one of Greg's great mechanics) I passed by the beach and saw 4 boats (mid afternoon) off of the beach perching. While sitting at the park having a cold pop, I saw 5 boats coming in, and 3 going out. It looked like all were coming in or going out for trolling.
I may be going out of Port Bruce on Monday. (have plans to go up to Lk Ontario tomorrow, 1st time in 15+ yrs) I may go perching on Monday, or trolling. I just haven't decided yet. I'll see what my buddies say tomorrow while we're out.

I hope some boat operators behave better this weekend than last weekend. People just seem to forget their manners and the regs. Zooming across your bow from port to starboard, then doing a 180* then starting to troll from your starboard. Yes, they do have the r.o.w. technically, but after doing the turn around seconds before is just mean. I heard people swearing at guys like that on the vhf for ill mannered things like that last weekend. It was bumpy, folks didn't want to troll across the waves or into them, so they just would motor into them, then turn around fast, and set up fast again to troll with the waves to their stern, but right in front of boats going across the waves, causing them to yield causing line problems at times! There - I vented.

BillO

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks