Search results

1. Buckster

Veradero

Heading down mid feb. I know veradero isn't known for its shore fishing, but just wondering if anyone has had success fishing it from shore. Plan on bringing some fly tackle down, maybe spin tackle as well. Id be willing to travel a bit within reason but would like to stick relatively close to...
  2. Buckster

(Possible) sept 6 walleye tourney

Just passing this along fellas. Sounds like a walleye tourney is starting to shape up out of maitland (fishmasters) for sept 6. Bunch of the eastern guys are putting feelers out and there's been an overwhelming amount of interest. From what I gather, sounds like a 250.00 entry fee, 50.00 big...
  3. Buckster

couple days on lake O

As things are starting to quiet down on Lake Erie, decided to make a run up to lake O in search of some big kings. There was a bit of pressure on the line as I had my old school room mate down who guides on lake Athabasca for monster lakers.....so i needed to find some big fish. Thursday was a...
  4. Buckster

Wheatley trip

JWalsh and I, along with some other stragglers (we were team central basin) went down to fish in the Wheatley big boyz tourney for my bachelor party. Unfortunately we only got on the water once due to inclement weather but we certainly made the best of it boating 21 eyes and 1 bow on Friday...
  5. Buckster

Replica fish mounts

So we put a legit trophy bow on the deck this week, 35 long and 21 girth, no scale so I unfortunately didn't get to weigh it. According to the calculation used by Ohio dnr, it should be in the 19-20lb range......in any event it was ridiculous big. Wondering if anyone has a recommend taxidermist...
  6. Buckster

Advice needed - western basin trip

So ive exchanged my bachelor party in detroit/windsor for a fishing trip to western erie. Wondering if anyone has a bead on where to start for July 26-28 weekend, I was thinking colchester, but am open to anywhere, ultimately just looking for a hot pic bite ......and a good time lol. Any recent...
  7. Buckster

adding a 3rd rigger

So I have an extra downrigger kicking around collecting dust and recently i thought about revising my current setup to accommodate it. I suspect running it off the stern would be the most logical place as i run my other two angled off the sides. Wondering if there is an ideal, rule of thumb so...
  8. Buckster

burwell/bruce

I know weather hasn't exactly been conducive for fishing the past week, just wondering if anyone snuck out. This weekend looks alright.
  9. Buckster

A good lake simcoe story...

Traded the float rod for the ice rod this morning and headed up to lake simcoe for lakers and whities. Marking lots of fish, eager to chase but the commitment wasn't there lol we did manage a few nice lakers, 1 touching 10lbs. Enough about our mediocre day.....so these guys role up about 50yds...
  10. Buckster

Slabs

Wondering if anyones been out?
  11. Buckster

Winter Walleye (Erie)

Just throwing it out there for discussion so don't get excited about the subject line . Has anyone ever pursued walleye in the winter months (weather permitting of course;)) locally on Erie?? A few nights and beers ago some friends and I got into a lengthy conversation/debate on where and what...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks