A good lake simcoe story...

Buckster

Traded the float rod for the ice rod this morning and headed up to lake simcoe for lakers and whities.

Marking lots of fish, eager to chase but the commitment wasn't there lol we did manage a few nice lakers, 1 touching 10lbs. Enough about our mediocre day.....so these guys role up about 50yds or so away, a little deeper than us, they set up quick and bam! This guy hammers into a pig of a laker, the fish was owning this guy! Drag screaming!! I actually had to look down, thought it was mine because it was so loud!! By this point i shrug off my jealousy and give the guy my undevided attention (from a safe diatance lol) I've seen 20s come up......this was bigger. All the sudden......overwhelming excitement turns to a depressing sadness, the beast spools the guy...........the battle is over.

No wait!!!! second life!!! The opportunity of a lifetime, the spooled line is wrapped in a second rod...battle resumes!! The guy starts gaining ground!! eventually he pulls up a tangled mess and asks his buddy to cut free the possibly devastating tangle. a second life on a once in a lifetime laker, this doesn't happen..... To the rescue, buddy jumps quickly to free the line via knife blade and save the day....the pressure was on, I felt for him, it must have been like Keanu reeves in 'speed' trying to disconnect that bomb...unfortunately Buddy clipped the wrong wire. Line shoots back slack....The battle was lost......By this point half of shanty bay is gasping, it was heart wrenching.

The guy says Ah well, what a trooper, gears up and bam! Hammers another one! Clean landing this time...nice fish ta boot! Good on em....not to many could recover so quickly from such a tragedy.

Great day on the bay!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks