Replica fish mounts

Buckster

So we put a legit trophy bow on the deck this week, 35 long and 21 girth, no scale so I unfortunately didn't get to weigh it. According to the calculation used by Ohio dnr, it should be in the 19-20lb range......in any event it was ridiculous big. Wondering if anyone has a recommend taxidermist who does replicas. Advanced taxidermy in caledon looks really good.

Here's a pic of my buddy holding it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 139
That's a monster bow anywhere to be sure. Good stuff, that would have been fun playing that guy. :)

I have a replica done at Advanced Taxidermy and it's looked good for the past 10 years, maybe longer.

That's what dreams are made of. My dreams at least :D. Rare size for Lake Erie for sure. Landed a few, lost alot more over the passed 40 years and from the pic I'd say your very close in your guesstamation on the weight. Well done. Those pigs can be a real bitch to do what you want them to do once hooked.

Advanced is the only place I'd spend the money on a replica.

But then again I won't have to worry about getting one done since I was once stupid enough to promise the little woman that if I ever landed one over 20# I'd hang up the steelhead gear for good and fish strictly for musky. So I guess the biggest I'll ever get will only weigh out at 19.5#. :D

I agree Stick! As an avid steelheader, i could only dream of putting one on the deck like that. Woulda been something on a float rod that's for sure! figure a good replica mount would be a great way to honour it!

It was quite a process getting it in, passed through three hands and maneuvered through 5 lines. Ill never forget the jump, and seeing everyone's jaws on the deck. Great memory!!

Nice Bow!! Even upside down in the Picture it looks like a real Trophy!! LOL Congratulations!! I better upgrade my Fishing Line to Higher lb. strength on the reel`s, knowing now that there are up to 20 lbs. of Rainbow`s lurking in the Depths of Lake Erie.;):) I have seen the work done by Advanced Taxidermy usually at Sportsmen Shows(Toronto),and like other member`s on this Board,I also agree that they do an Excellent Job!! Good Luck in your Search, & Enjoy your Replica.

Not sure why it shows up upside down ! Trying to switch it around but it comes up right side up on my comp.

Buckster,try to get a hold of Stomp,he will correct the upside down Photo issue,or maybe someone else on this Board might be able to Help.Either way,a Trophy Bow no matter how you look at the Picture.Enjoy the rest of the Season`s on the Water.:)

So we put a legit trophy bow on the deck this week, 35 long and 21 girth, no scale so I unfortunately didn't get to weigh it. According to the calculation used by Ohio dnr, it should be in the 19-20lb range......in any event it was ridiculous big. Wondering if anyone has a recommend taxidermist who does replicas. Advanced taxidermy in caledon looks really good.

Here's a pic of my buddy holding it.
If U klic on the arrow in the top right hand corner of the pic it will show it OK. That's 1 beauty bow. Where , when & how did U get it?

Thanks! Picked it up out off the point on Sunday on a green dragon nk off the rigger, 43ft down. We also ended up boating a nice king and 2 pics. Great day on the water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks