adding a 3rd rigger

Buckster

So I have an extra downrigger kicking around collecting dust and recently i thought about revising my current setup to accommodate it. I suspect running it off the stern would be the most logical place as i run my other two angled off the sides. Wondering if there is an ideal, rule of thumb so to speak, seperation distance between units to avoid you know what......Obviously things like ball weight, current etc...factor in. I'm in a 18 Lund Alaskan, run two scottys with 10lb sharks. Maybe it's better left at home but it would sure beat stacking lines.

if you are running them off a bourd you should be ok straight out the back I have a 16 ft and I run 4 riggers two out the side and 2 straight back something like this
DSCF23011.JPG

It is not worth the extra tangles for Erie fishing. use your other poles off a planer board or with dipsies. just saying.

Blastr

On Erie for walleye i would stay with 2 riggers and a planner board mast with 2 leadcore or torpedo divers on each of them . If you don't have planner boards dipsy divers also work good .

Can't see it really being applied on Erie. Lake O or Huron I could definitely see myself wanting to use it, that's where I was thinking of using the extra one. Think I'm gonna build a board and give it a whirl.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks