Off Topic What is your ideal boat for Lake Erie?

Newer version of our old World Cat! Shallow draft, awesome in the slop, tonnes of space
I think you may have it — a Cat would be ideal for stability and space. Grady made one in the 90s… what is the downside to driving one? Is it just the look that made them not sell?

Never an I/O ! If I wanted a Chevy I'd just pour oil in the bildge PXL_20210410_154650204.MP.jpgand disconnect a spark plug. Then give the guy double what the gas pump says. I winterize mine by tilting it down and the boat won't sink if the bellows goes bad. Big yes to extended transom not scared of waves coming in the back.

I think you may have it — a Cat would be ideal for stability and space. Grady made one in the 90s… what is the downside to driving one? Is it just the look that made them not sell?
only downside is beam sea/waves from side, it can sometimes snap roll, I guess really all boats are a compromise, lol!

Ok. So. I am going with a second ideal boat for Erie… the ‘any model of‘ Legend at 18-20ft model. Good power. Good space. Good price. Handles pretty well in chop and is super easy to trailer. I loved this boat and I wish I didn’t sell it when I went for a bigger boat.

62FFC742-6495-4223-B50C-B9820BD1B908.jpeg

Monterey (make Blackfin) and Kingfisher don't have great quality control... but the internet is fickle. I am super interested in trying out a Blackfin.

26’ Osprey long cabin with twin outboards

View attachment 47749

One owned by a real good friend. Fully outfitted. Cared for and maintained by expert captain who is discreet generous great sense of humour and she has to love fishing as much as I do.

I would love a Grady White,Striper or Robalo 22'-24' dual console bowrider. Perfect for fishing or a day out with family.

Now that I have a 22' walkaround 8.5" beam, Im sold. Stable, soft riding, sheds water easy. Deep gunnels, washes down at the end of the day. Not bad to launch and trailer. Now as good on gas as my 18' aluminums but thats a price to pay Ill live with.

I have a 186 Princecraft platinum with a 150 merc 4stroke and 9.9 merc it’s a deep well made boat. It can take reasonably rough water. Really happy with it. It trailer well. But I know when NOT to go out with it. The lake is unforgivable. Don’t get caught out there know when to say when. .

Although not quite what I'm thinking about getting if/when I manage to get my own boat, this is close to what I'd consider for the Great Lakes (so my 29 yr old son wouldn't be uncomfortable IF I took him out :ROFLMAO:.)
1628718978310.png
But until I win the lottery, THIS is what I'll have to settle for since it's about all I can afford.
1628719175794.png
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Although not quite what I'm thinking about getting if/when I manage to get my own boat, this is close to what I'd consider for the Great Lakes (so my 29 yr old son wouldn't be uncomfortable IF I took him out :ROFLMAO:.)
View attachment 47771
But until I win the lottery, THIS is what I'll have to settle for since it's about all I can afford.
View attachment 47772
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yah those thunder jet boats are nice 👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks