Off Topic What is your ideal boat for Lake Erie?

Sprint07

I see many different types of boats out fishing in Lake Erie and I was curious as to what the ideal setup is? If you had the money what would you buy brand new to go fishing on Lake Erie?

there are alot of variables to this question.
- are you a fair weather fisherman?
- do you like open boat or lean towards a cabin?
- what's your appetite to spend alot of money on fuel and maintenance?
- are you fishing solo, with one other or always/often with group?
- are you guiding or just personal use?
- is Erie your only destination or do you want to trailer elsewhere? and how frequently?

I run a Ranger 622FS and love it for the big water and ease of trailering. If I was only fishing Erie I might look to a Kingfisher or similar with front cabin with big fishing cockpit in the 24' range with twin 150's.

This is just my preference and I am sure you will get some great feedback on this.

This. Grady-White Freedom 307 with twin Yamaha 300s, helmaster EX, Big Jon stuff… great for beach days and fishing days. Fast. Safe. Can cruise at 35mph over the big bumps. Can also sit in 2 FOW. Stay dry. Spot for the kids to get a nap. Bigger version drops the mileage from 1.5mpg to 1mpg or 19 gph at 30 mph to a lot more. I would consider a Canyon 306 as a close 2nd. 3rd place is the 33 foot express or Whaler.

I could put an electric troller on the nose as well. They do in Florida.

23398194-2A7B-45F4-8008-8900C5A23E94.jpegBE926CA9-1502-4C1A-955A-44E0EE30C20A.jpeg

If your writing the cheque........a 37' sea ray Sundancer with twin Merc 600,s would work well for me!

Hewescraft Pacific cruiser or Thunderjet Pilot. Have a Hewescraft searunner 18et now love it. does ok in 6 foot waves. Easy to tow and I can fish all day for 30$. When I hit the dock it's the dock that breaks.

If you like to go different lakes or ports, I'd like a welded aluminum 19 to 21 ft. Light enough to trailer anywhere and big enough to handle a sudden turn in the weather. 6ft. Bimini top with removable sides and windshield extension. 9.9 to 15hp for a kicker and yes prefer i/o.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks