Custom Ripplin Redfins

I've started painting my own lures at the end of the season last year. Anything that was beat up got a coat of paint. Painted the RRF in my favorite spoon patterns. Never had much luck with RRF until last year, they seemed to get bit twice as often as our spoons. Then again like everyone knows you can catch them on anything these past few years. Here are a few...20191224_154411.jpg20191225_194510.jpg20191226_095806.jpg

ya red herring that pkg of 3 RRs offers good value...the hooks in the pkg look better quality too..almost nickle plated...ya RRs come standard bronze hooks..

very good Ben @Crummybun I sure would be interested on getting some of mine repainted...lol...your greasy chicken looks great!

I've started painting my own lures at the end of the season last year. Anything that was beat up got a coat of paint. Painted the RRF in my favorite spoon patterns. Never had much luck with RRF until last year, they seemed to get bit twice as often as our spoons. Then again like everyone knows you can catch them on anything these past few years. Here are a few...View attachment 20066View attachment 20067View attachment 20068
o_O Excellent job!!o_O?? @Crummybun ??and how much for each lure!!:unsure:;)??

Heres an email I sent to Cotton Cordell about my RRs last January 2019

Attention customer service

I have been a dedicated consumer of your fishing lures for many years. Especailly the classic ripplin redfins.
I want to bring to your attention I am extremely unhappy with the poor quality of the paint finish on these lures. The finish peels off like tin foil, leaving me with hardly any colour left to be effective for catching fish. This has been problematic the last few or more years where I have had to go out and replace them again & again. The older ripplin redfins I have are durable and still have there finish and colours today. My 2019 great lakes fishing season will be starting in a few months and I want to send back my defective redfins for a replacement. Then your quality control department can examine the lures. In return I can get a little satisfaction after all the years I have supported your company with purchases of your ripplin redfins.
I look forward to your reply
Mick XXXXXXXX
I look forward to a positive response

Heres the Reply back

Mick

Thank you for contacting us about the problem you have experienced with our product. Feedback from our customers is an integral part of our business and we encourage it. Please return the defective lure to the address below so that our QC department may review it to determine if this is a problem that has already been addressed or if it may need to be addressed. We will be happy to send a replacement; if this is a discontinued model we will send replacement of one similar, and send out an additional lure to you to cover the postage. If the product is broken due to breaking from hitting rocks or normal wear we will not replace. *If more than 2 baits are sent in for replacement we will review them and replace any that appear to be manufacturing defects, but will not replace any that are the result of normal use or abuse.

PRADCO / LINDY
ATTN: Customer Service
3601 Jenny Lind
Ft Smith, AR, 72901

Ya I did`nt send them back..yet..
Any of you guys have RRs like mine in the above photo
I think remove the hooks and put them in a box and ship them back and see what happens..I think complaining might help for improvement with the paint...It should not peel off like tin foil..
ya the old ones were not like that.
What do some of you guys think..

Yes I agree @mick Mine did the same thing. Maybe 10 eyes on a brand new blue/chrome RRF and it looks like one of your worse ones. I just ordered some chrome shrink wrap off amazon. i'm going to try that on a few and see how that goes. on some old ones. I will try and send a few back and see what happens. Worth a try. They need to be made aware of the defect/rapid loss of paint and fix it. Chances are they tried a new "better" type of paint which isnt working out. ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!

thanks for that reply..Ya I was almost sure guys catching fish with the RRs are experiencing the same thing with the paint litterly peeling off..
in the reply email there encouraging feedback so I will ship them back when I get back home end of April..
Ya I will ask them if they can send me an improved paint thats durable and won`t peel off..

That's a good deal at Natural Sports.

I spoke with them about something else today, and I might just have to cruise by and have a look around. LOL

I've started painting my own lures at the end of the season last year. Anything that was beat up got a coat of paint. Painted the RRF in my favorite spoon patterns. Never had much luck with RRF until last year, they seemed to get bit twice as often as our spoons. Then again like everyone knows you can catch them on anything these past few years. Here are a few...View attachment 20066View attachment 20067View attachment 20068
Wow they look great nice paint job. ?

Thanks guys, yet another hobbie I dont have time for lol. @Tcat I'm using wicked paints and airbrushing them. Clear coating them with a 2 part epoxy that has held up very nicely on the few trips I tried them on. Here's a few more.

Attachments

• 20191226_095655.jpg
    20191226_095655.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20191226_095124.jpg
    20191226_095124.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Here's some oldies I got some old blue watermelon aswell but in the boat somewhere.The 2 bright ones on the right are newer painted ones from erie trackers the one I have caught the most on is not the bob zumie but the red and silver watermelon

Attachments

• 20200114_234851.jpg
    20200114_234851.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 132
Best colour for me, hands down, Gold and Black, BUT, not for the last couple of seasons.

I have a pretty good selection, and they're always on the boat. They just don't see the water much any more.

With the way spoons are producing, I seldom put a RR on anymore, and if it doesn't produce something in the length of time I think it should, back in the box it goes.
I am with you.I have at least a dozen that don’t get used anymore (heavy producers in 90’s).The“spoons “ are working well for me no.

Here's some oldies I got some old blue watermelon aswell but in the boat somewhere.The 2 bright ones on the right are newer painted ones from erie trackers the one I have caught the most on is not the bob zumie but the red and silver watermelon
Ya second down on left works best those fancy painted ones that still look good on right catch the least lol

heres our last trip together targeting erie bows Aug. 2017..on my boat and buddy Jeffs vintage redfins..off the riggers.. we released several..ya plenty of good number rainbow days aug. on copper spoons too.. to mention Jeff & his buddy had a big day hooking he quoted me 200 fish with a few monster bows last august fishin the port burwell tournament..they won it the year before last..there hot baits were non stop on lymans..I remember one slow morning off glasgow & went to lymans for incredible rainbow action & numbers..

Ya buddys RR collection has a box full...his lighter blue & silver & lighter orange belly (not metallic) was his consistant best colour..

lake of the woods hunt 2017 067.jpg lake of the woods hunt 2017 079.jpg they look fresh...to me there not good eating buddy likes them smoked

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks