Search results

1. Dunnster

Off Topic ATV insurance ?

Put mine on with auto policy pay $238 a year.
  2. Dunnster

Marine radio

Standard Horizon, or icom best built radios. Also get built in gps
  3. Dunnster

Solar Trolling Motor Charging

This is the basic wiring to do it except I would use 2 solar panels for more power.
  4. Screenshot_20220709-205333_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220709-205333_Samsung Internet.jpg

5. Dunnster

I don't use solar but I have a 24v system in my boat now and I have two chargers charging the batteries yes. Even though the batteries are connected in a series to get 24v they are still 12v batteries.
  6. Dunnster

You can hook as large or as many panels that you need for the power you require, but each battery needs to be hooked up to there own charging system. This is all a two or three bank charger is, just 2 chargers built into 1 box. You can hook both batteries to 1 solar system as well but it will...
  7. Dunnster

You don't need to disconnect the batteries, but you will need 2 solar panels and 2 controllers. One hooked to each battery, positive and negative from one panel to one battery then same with the other 1.
  8. Dunnster

Charging a 24 volt system

Just hook your charger to 1 battery at a time the same way you would a single battery and your old charger will work perfectly fine.
  9. Dunnster

Boat safety requirements OPP safety checks

Not if you have a flash light
  10. Dunnster

Off Topic Do all 9.9 Merc Pro Kickers have a charging system?

My 2001 plain 4 stroke had everything, all I had to do was add the wires which mercury wanted $125 for them and I made them myself for $4.
  11. Dunnster

Off Topic Burwell cannonball and leadcore

I've had my lead cut that way. Some people just don't get it.
  12. Dunnster

Off Topic Boat trailer lights

Always use the heat shrink with glue inside, it's the only way to keep the moister out of your wiring.
  13. Dunnster

Looking for Omc help

Ya mine was electric shift. I got my parts from Randy as well.
  14. Dunnster

Looking for Omc help

If that is the intermediate shaft you will have to replace it, cause the other end is probably just about rounded off to. I did the shaft, bearings, and seals in my old crestliner wasn't too bad of a price or job (did it myself in the driveway) to do it all. I was told then that they were good...
  15. Dunnster

This is what happens when I don’t go fishing after work.….

Used those boxes before always mess after a bumpy ride. Switched to these boxes works awesome no mess. Plus it will float if knocked overboard.
  16. 20190330_075943.jpg

20190330_075943.jpg

17. Dunnster

Running Four Dipsies

I usually run the smaller dipseys on the inside because they don't drag out as far. Run the big ones on a 3 setting and the smaller ones on 1.
  18. Dunnster

Min age to be considered an angler?

You can catch there limit though so they have to be able to reel the fish in.
  19. Dunnster

Downrigger cable

Thanks for the info Puddle Jumper.
  20. Dunnster

Downrigger cable

I had a cable break on one of my downriggers Saturday so cannonball laying on bottom of lake. Time to replace the cables so I was wondering if anyone has tried using the downrigger braid, or if I should just stick with stainless. It says the braid doesn't kink and I'm sure that is why mine...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks