Off Topic What is your ideal boat for Lake Erie?

Actually considering this one!
Looked at it today, miraculous condition.
It looks SO MUCH better in person that on photos!
Bought brand new at same dealer it seems.

Not a scratch, solid hull, transom and engine.
All compartments look like new etc.
Bimini top, covers, everything looked like it was used once or twice.

My only concern is hull on older aluminium boats, anything i should be worried about or look out for?
I tried reading on Superfishermans as much as i could, seems like few had issues with hull, most are happy though.
150 EFI Seems bulletproof.
Wonder how long something like this setup could last with good care?

I have an 18 ft Starcraft with a 90 Evinrude Etech aboard and it is pretty stable out there ,but like finish said know when to not go out . That is the key and especially if you are the only one who knows how to operate your boat with other folks on board . Common sense .But yeah the StarCraft is a nice deep hull boat for the lake

@m1dn The superfisherman is a awesome model for great lakes fishing, I wanted to buy one when I was looking a few years ago but just couldn't find on one the market, I ended up with the last of the deep V Starfish models in a 176. I fish E and O all the time, and it handles the water very well, The deep V is a big benefit when the waves pick up. A good friend of mine has a newer 186 and he fishes salmon on O and muskie on St Clair and has made a few trips to Nipigon with it. He loves it too - so much so he recently re-powered it even though his motor was still fairly new. A nice wide stable boat with a lot of freeboard. Do your due diligence, ask for a water test and see what you can find out about it If you look on the used boat pages, especially in the US you will find lots of Starcraft aluminums that are 20, 30 years old and still going strong, The flooring would be one thing I would pay a lot of attention to. But in many ways, the fit and finish and materials used when this was built will be superior to what you get brand new these days, depending on the boat. Of course, by now, someone else may have seen your post and gone an bought it :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks