Off Topic Tweaked the old back

Tweaked my lower back yesterday
Need some old timer secrets, potions, spells, black magic, witch craft, etc… to help get it back up and running as quickly as possible so I can get back out on the boat by Sunday/Monday 😊
Sorry to read about you tweaking your lower back yesterday @Derkd9 You are just a young “buck” 🦌 compared to me,and maybe you just stay off Lake Erie walleye/rainbow fishing all together for now,especially when it gets quite choppy out there,for at least 2 weeks should help!! You will feel much better for it afterwards,and the fish will also be happy as well!! All Joking 🙃 aside,lots of stretches,and not any lifting for now,etc. Be well,and as the saying goes,” take it easy!” 👊👊👍🙂

Lots of good advice above. I blew mine out Saturday morning 😡..I use the tens machine and put the probes right on the inflamed muscle and gradually turn up the intensity..no more then ten minutes they say 🤔..anyway lots of stretching and keep moving. I'm just starting to feel better now..so hopefully be able to get out on the lake next calm day 🤞..I don't like to take any advil etc because I find it brings on another host of problems 🙄..sometimes tho tall boys of Busch and a pipe makes it all go away for a brief time anyway..hope you better soon 🍻🎣

Tweaked my lower back yesterday
Need some old timer secrets, potions, spells, black magic, witch craft, etc… to help get it back up and running as quickly as possible so I can get back out on the boat by Sunday/Monday 😊
Walk. If your back hurts go for a walk. It only hurts me when I sit down and seize up. I'll take some advil too but I've never been to a chiropractor in my life. Good luck.

Inversion table is a must for when you get older. I also have the Tens electrical pulse unit that you can buy on Amazon. You can also buy the hand held Ultrasound unit from shoppers. It helps speed up muscle recovery as well. The most important part is also stretching. Lay on your stomach and do a pushup , with your hands extended, drive your hips as far as you can into the ground while looking up. Then , leave your hands where they are and bring your butt back to your ankles like you are folded up. This will help to stretch your back muscles. Do it 20 times.
Man if I tried that I would need an ambulance. LOL!

Find a good chiro that uses Tens and laser treatment before getting adjusted and not just physical adjustments. You likely have good benefits
through work. Seek professional help sooner than later. The advice on here is great but kinda like going to the dentist for a haircut.
Everybody's ailment is different.

Get an inversion table and use it daily. I have a Teeter and it's like a gift sent from the heavens that often provides instant relief from back pain. It's a great multi purpose device for stretching, getting knots out, correcting posture, strengthening muscles, and cracking the back.

I've been in construction 20 years and wish I had bought this thing about 15 years sooner. It's amazing how great it works.

Get an inversion table and use it daily. I have a Teeter and it's like a gift sent from the heavens that often provides instant relief from back pain. It's a great multi purpose device for stretching, getting knots out, correcting posture, strengthening muscles, and cracking the back.

I've been in construction 20 years and wish I had bought this thing about 15 years sooner. It's amazing how great it works.
Never heard of an inversion table but just checked out some YouTube videos and I’m going to buy one.
What brand did you get?

Never heard of an inversion table but just checked out some YouTube videos and I’m going to buy one.
What brand did you get?
Word of advice @Derkd9 on the inversion table
Try it before you buy it I tell you my experience
I had bad back problems mostly lower back due to my higth as well have lifting
I heard about the table and luckily one of our friends had one , I got to borrow it for a few weeks , first time trying it out I could not get past 15 degrees backwards, as I got dizzy/ nauseated/ sick feeling ,
I kept trying but could not get past the 15 degrees,
The funny thing is I work construction hanging upside down at times to complete various task and don't bother me much
On the other hand I find out my Wife is bat women or vampire as she would hang by her feet upside down in the dang thing and could do it for hours
I was checking my neck for a few mornings looking for puncture marks lol

a shot of Jamesons Irish and Vernors.

and Dr Ho’s triple back massage belt. It works for my lower back after a day of chasing stream trout.

WR

On the back pain part , massage therapy with physio helped a lot more than the bone crackers ever did and I use to go for years not anymore
Also don't be sitting around too long constant moving actually helps but don't exert yourself slow moving and short walks helps a lot
I feel your pain , I been there too many times
And what pisses me off it's never happen when working / lifting heavy objects , usually it comes out from twisting the wrong way or sitting at the dinner table reaching for a bun and can't get off the chair without help 🙄😔

What brand did you get?

I have a Teeter brand table. Many good reviews lead me to buying one and it works great. Heavy duty as well.

As for nausea and being unable to hang upside down, the table has an adjustable strap which allows you to limit the angle. You gradually work yourself up to being completely upside down. For those who're uncomfortable, it can be a weeks long process to finally making it completely inverted.

When you feel your back pressure release and the pain disappear you tend to forget about being upside down.

Try laying on the floor on your back bend your knees and rotate your legs to one’s side of the floor, and the swing them back to other side of the floor. Do this a few times - it might pop it ! Also when you’re sitting or doing anything for that matter, hold your stomach muscles tight all the time - they totally support all your back movements. I’m a chiropractor believer because nothing else has really ever worked. I’m the guy who used to crush eight beers every night to dull the pain, had a Percocet prescription to dull the pain(sometimes with the beer 😵‍💫), tried traction- that hurts like hell. Anyway, lots of good tries posted and hopefully one or a couple of them will work for you. It is so debilitating when it hits you - always stupid shit like changing a lite bulb that causes it.

Just an general info thing here. The pain killers and stretches I do, were initially suggested by the chiropractor I had been seeing when I first went off work 9+ years ago. My current doctor is in total agreement with what the chiropractor suggested to control the pain AND with the assessment that the chronic pain will be with me for the rest of my life because of the damage already done. Surgery is an option, but not yet. I'm too young. (Never thought I'd say those words again)

I couldn't walk when I went off work 9+ yrs ago and all my then GP wanted to do was shove several different expensive prescription pills down my throat without making any attempt to rectify my predicament at the time. She was pissed at me for not going to see her before I saw the chiropractor. She was a pill pusher. Her solution to everything was take this pill and nothing else. She didn't suggest any physio or anything else and she didn't believe in chiro or any other "alternative" solutions. Just those Rx pills I couldn't afford at the time. At least the chiro gave me some relief and eventually, through extensive chiropractic treatments I was able to walk again. Once that was achieved he gave me a larger list of stretches and other exercises I do that help with my mobility, but made sure I understood, they would NOT rectify the underlying conditions in my back, because those underlying conditions are mainly skeletal not muscular and they will worsen as I get older. Then of course I had also developed arthritis in both hips and both shoulders.

Eventually, I fired that doctor who was pissed at me, but that didn't happen until my wife's doctor agreed to take me on as a patient. I got kinda lucky there. They weren't taking new patients, but because my wife was already a patient, she took me on since I was the family member of an existing patient. She is completely ok with me seeing a chiropractor. (Which I haven't for years because I ran out of money to pay for it before my disability pension was approved and I haven't been able too since that happened because quite simply, I can't afford it.) My doctor is very aware of what I do to control the pain. She's also made me aware that perhaps in the future, "when you're older" surgery for my lower back, shoulders and hips might be an option to consider, but IF that day comes, they only want to do it once. I keep her informed, and likewise, as happened recently, when I need to go for some tests, or have some blood work done, she lets me know, so even though I don't see my doctor in person unless it's necessary, I'm not doing what I'm doing to control the pain without being under a certain amount of medical supervision.

On the back pain part , massage therapy with physio helped a lot more than the bone crackers ever did and I use to go for years not anymore
Also don't be sitting around too long constant moving actually helps but don't exert yourself slow moving and short walks helps a lot
I feel your pain , I been there too many times
And what pisses me off it's never happen when working / lifting heavy objects , usually it comes out from twisting the wrong way or sitting at the dinner table reaching for a bun and can't get off the chair without help 🙄😔
I was tapping mud off a lid to a plastic tote it was so stupid… tap then felt like an elastic in my lower back popped

Just recently my wife suggested Osteo as I had messed a few muscles in my lower back 2 years ago duck hunting. Wasn't quite sure about that but tried it recently, the first time there felt 50 percent better and with a few more treatments felt awesome. My wife is a therapist and had suggested Osteo rather than going her route. I had my back sliced 30 years ago at the point where I couldn't walk, been great up until this issue 2 years ago, so far so go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks