Off Topic Tweaked the old back

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Tweaked my lower back yesterday
Need some old timer secrets, potions, spells, black magic, witch craft, etc… to help get it back up and running as quickly as possible so I can get back out on the boat by Sunday/Monday 😊

Chiropractor, mine has helped me in the past. Working in landscaping is hard on the body, just like slugging flats of potting soil.

Chiropractor, mine has helped me in the past. Working in landscaping is hard on the body, just like slugging flats of potting soil.
It’s muscle thank goodness
My dad had issues with his discs I really don’t want that

Inversion table is a must for when you get older. I also have the Tens electrical pulse unit that you can buy on Amazon. You can also buy the hand held Ultrasound unit from shoppers. It helps speed up muscle recovery as well. The most important part is also stretching. Lay on your stomach and do a pushup , with your hands extended, drive your hips as far as you can into the ground while looking up. Then , leave your hands where they are and bring your butt back to your ankles like you are folded up. This will help to stretch your back muscles. Do it 20 times.

Inversion table is a must for when you get older. I also have the Tens electrical pulse unit that you can buy on Amazon. You can also buy the hand held Ultrasound unit from shoppers. It helps speed up muscle recovery as well. The most important part is also stretching. Lay on your stomach and do a pushup , with your hands extended, drive your hips as far as you can into the ground while looking up. Then , leave your hands where they are and bring your butt back to your ankles like you are folded up. This will help to stretch your back muscles. Do it 20 times.
Thank you

@Trevor M you have any secrets to share with me
Not really secrets. I use advil extra strength 400mg tablets. With my doctor's approval I take 800mg (2pills) twice a day, but no more than that as even at the amount I take, it can be harmful. In between if I need something to take the edge off, I'll take a Tylenol extra strength. IF that don't do the trick to control the pain, I have a prescription for straight Codeine (30mg) that I take, but I ONLY take that when absolutely necessary as a last resort and on those occasions where I have had to resort to that last resort, I end up sleeping for a while. Codeine knocks me out.

Aside from the pain killers, I also have a Dr Ho system that helps. Doesn't correct anything, but it does calm the muscles. In addition to all that, perhaps at times my best friend is an ice pack. DO NOT USE HEAT.......as what you're likely dealing with is an inflammation and heat, while it might "feel good" doesn't really do much other than further aggravate the inflammation where as much like you'd do with a sprained ankle for example, if you ice it the ice helps to reduce the swelling or inflammation (and it'll numb ya for a while)

And then of course I have the stretches I do........I have LOTS of those. The ones I do the most tho are:

Get on your hands and knees and arch your back as high as you can....hold for 10 seconds, relax and let your belly kind of sink to the floor.. wait 20 seconds and do it again. Do this for up to 5 minutes in the morning, then rest and repeat before bed......I also do one that hurts my shoulders as much as it does my back......I stand with my back as flat against the wall as I can.........feet together.......slowly raise your arms to shoulder height and hold for 5 seconds........release and lower.........repeat......do this for 5 minutes in the morning, then rest and repeat before bed.....(I do this more than twice a day usually unless I'm fishin)......because I have arthritis in my shoulders and hips to go along with the back....every stretch I do hurts like hell.......but then again, if I don't take the advil, anything I do hurts so.......

Not really secrets. I use advil extra strength 400mg tablets. With my doctor's approval I take 800mg (2pills) twice a day, but no more than that as even at the amount I take, it can be harmful. In between if I need something to take the edge off, I'll take a Tylenol extra strength. IF that don't do the trick to control the pain, I have a prescription for straight Codeine (30mg) that I take, but I ONLY take that when absolutely necessary as a last resort and on those occasions where I have had to resort to that last resort, I end up sleeping for a while. Codeine knocks me out.

Aside from the pain killers, I also have a Dr Ho system that helps. Doesn't correct anything, but it does calm the muscles. In addition to all that, perhaps at times my best friend is an ice pack. DO NOT USE HEAT.......as what you're likely dealing with is an inflammation and heat, while it might "feel good" doesn't really do much other than further aggravate the inflammation where as much like you'd do with a sprained ankle for example, if you ice it the ice helps to reduce the swelling or inflammation (and it'll numb ya for a while)

And then of course I have the stretches I do........I have LOTS of those. The ones I do the most tho are:

Get on your hands and knees and arch your back as high as you can....hold for 10 seconds, relax and let your belly kind of sink to the floor.. wait 20 seconds and do it again. Do this for up to 5 minutes in the morning, then rest and repeat before bed......I also do one that hurts my shoulders as much as it does my back......I stand with my back as flat against the wall as I can.........feet together.......slowly raise your arms to shoulder height and hold for 5 seconds........release and lower.........repeat......do this for 5 minutes in the morning, then rest and repeat before bed.....(I do this more than twice a day usually unless I'm fishin)......because I have arthritis in my shoulders and hips to go along with the back....every stretch I do hurts like hell.......but then again, if I don't take the advil, anything I do hurts so.......
Fair fair
Yah I took one of those Advil extra strengths feel like I could take six and still feel this muscle jerk me around haha

Fair fair
Yah I took one of those Advil extra strengths feel like I could take six and still feel this muscle jerk me around haha
try the ice pack........and if one advil ain't doin it, take a tylenol ex str in between the advil. I got permission from my doctor to take the advil as I do, but with the understanding, no more than 2 at a time, and no more than twice a day because it can be harmful. The Codeine Rx I have can be very addictive, and knowing that, I only ever take it when absolutely necessary which means the advil, tylenol and Dr Ho just ain't cuttin it on any given day. (IE when we had those nasty storms that dropped that tornado near you, that was the last time I took one. My body was not overly happy with mother nature that day.)

and as I've said before, I don't leave the house to do anything without taking the advil. If I don't. I won't be out of the house for very long. and on that, it rained most of the night, I felt it, I'm going to go lay down for a while. :ROFLMAO:

If your job is physically demanding start stretching atleast 3-4 times a week before bed. You feel waaaayyyyy better the next day.
I’m roofing and I can tell the difference when I’m stretching before bed and when I’m not.

If your job is physically demanding start stretching atleast 3-4 times a week before bed. You feel waaaayyyyy better the next day.
I’m roofing and I can tell the difference when I’m stretching before bed and when I’m not.
I definitely need to stretch more often because I never do
Job can be physically demanding at times always on my feet and walking a lot. Some heavy lifting.
I should stretch before boating too
I get banged up sometimes and I usually feel it after

Black Magic? CBD oil. I've been using it for a cpl yrs now for my back and a pinched nerve under my shoulder blade . Plus it's helped with other issues. Took care of many sleepless nights . I use the 3000 strength, was taking 1 ml a day , now half that . One day I came home from work and my neighbor could barely walk , he did a break job on his SUV the day before and ended up pinching something on his back . Gave him 1 ml and he said 3 hrs later all his pain went away. He's a believer in it now . However the stretches do help as well.

Back