Troutmas

moocow

Can't believe nobody has posted about trout season opening this Saturday. Yes its the fourth Saturday of the month. I get more excited about this day than any other. Friday night its like being a kid on Christmas Eve. Saturday morning running down to the creek to feel that first hit of the season!
Enjoy the opener and remember to take any garbage home.

I remember my grandfather pulling me out of bed before the roosters got up to fish every back road culvert on our way to fish elbow to elbow in Simcoe.

It's been over 20 years since I fished the Lynn. My grandfather passed over 20 years ago and I went there for trout opener the next year by myself, looked around to see no one there. Turns out they stopped stocking it. It's funny how the timing worked out. He always seemed to be a trout magnet.

Last edited:
I just realized earlier today thought it was next week. might spent saturday putting the finishing touches on the boat. Maybe I'll have to join the shore fishers :/

One more sleep! I remember last year where I carried the boat in a few guys were at the creek sense midnight had hell of a set up bbq and lights and all, yet they announced they were to have roaches for breakfast! . As far as I know there night bite must be lacking, because I would have bin eating trout!

I remember camping out every year in anticipation of opening day. I also remember getting snow a few times. Likely not a concern this year.

Sleeping bags in the back of the first El Camino, under the tarp with a corner unsnapped for fresh air. Spent the whole night shivering in that tobacco field, listening to coyotes and owls. Awoke to frost and a lesson on how to take care of the morning business hugging a back tire while not peeing in your jeans in the dark.

Can't believe nobody has posted about trout season opening this Saturday. Yes its the fourth Saturday of the month. I get more excited about this day than any other. Friday night its like being a kid on Christmas Eve. Saturday morning running down to the creek to feel that first hit of the season!
Enjoy the opener and remember to take any garbage home.
I was going to go to the Maitland or the Bayfield River tomorrow,but with those rivers and others Spiking HIGH from the flood,there was no need to get excited about the opening of Trout Season.I do have a backup plan to fish somewhere else tomorrow,and hopefully this place where I am going will be Fishable.Good Luck to All that are fishing for Trout tomorrow,and beyond. Tight Lines & TROUT ON!!

Brown trout are a beautiful fish - nice pics Stick. My opening stream was in great shape and not too many anglers either.

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks