Fishing Report Today at Burwell - Aug 17

Just finishing up at Burwell. On the water at 1015 started 52ft out to 57ft. 8 colour lead with custom painted rrf and 1 dipsy #3 setting out 140 with blue/silver rrf caught the fish. I boated 5 and 1 sheep but threw 2 back. Lake had a good chop but is settling down a bit now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_140735.jpg
    IMG_20210817_140735.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 26
Considering how full the screen was today, it wasn't the most productive day One of those days where you watch the ball go through a school of fish and you think the hook has to get one just by passing through that many fish. Started in 40 - couple short strikes on harnesses, moved deeper and switched to spoons. Black and white uv RAC spoon picked up the biggest and the most of the day. Ended up with 8 in the boat, 2 self releases and quite a few short strikes. Threw most of them back and kept a couple for supper. As I was heading up the river noticed the unmistakable CO pickup in the parking lot along the pier. I got a wave from him and chuckled. Sure enough as I'm walking away from the boat at the ramp who drives down the road but the CO. I laugh at him and says, figured I'd see you here. We had a good chat. He was in port Stanley this morning, said reports were the same a bit of a grind and lots of smaller fish I really figured with sw winds, overcast skies and a good chop today would have been much more productive than it was
Best water was 53, 45 down on the rigger dipsey only took one, lead core got hit, but none made it for show and tell
Good luck this afternoon to all

Attachments

• 20210817_160800.jpg
    20210817_160800.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 13
Good luck @wildeye rainbow to you both!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
Thanks Red. We did get down to Bruce; it was a bit more lumpy than Mrs WR would have liked. We did end up washing lures for about a half hour before we (she) called it. one 3 lb wally on a chrome/blue RR 6 colour on leadcore. 2 knockoffs with dipsey and gold.black RR. At least, I got out for a bit of a walleye dinner. In 55 fow, btw.

Hopefully, we get again tomorrow am for another round. They seemed a bit scattered for the short time we were out.

WR

Had a great afternoon with a some great guys! First time ever fishing Erie and they had a blast. We ended up keeping 14 between 3 of us and letting about 6 or 7 go to get a little bigger. Fish tonight were for the most part all decent sizes with the biggest at 7 1/4 pounds. We started in 48 fow but most productive was 55-58 fow back 120 #3 dispeys and 10 colour LC.

Fish were on a body bait bite to begin then I moved over to an almost all spoon bite later in the afternoon.

All and all a great trip!

c7.jpg

Thanks Red. We did get down to Bruce; it was a bit more lumpy than Mrs WR would have liked. We did end up washing lures for about a half hour before we (she) called it. one 3 lb wally on a chrome/blue RR 6 colour on leadcore. 2 knockoffs with dipsey and gold.black RR. At least, I got out for a bit of a walleye dinner. In 55 fow, btw.

Hopefully, we get again tomorrow am for another round. They seemed a bit scattered for the short time we were out.

WR
A great updated report @wildeye rainbow 👍👍 & enjoy your walleye fry to you both & good luck in the a.m. tomorrow if you do go out walleye fishing again. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Fished 3pm to 8pm. Trolled out from 44-60 fow and picked up a few fish along to way. Came back in to 55-58 and picked away there until we got our 4 man limit but it was a slow to medium pace which was okay. 7 and 8 core were by far the best and redfins were better than spoons. Riggers just took up space, I think we got two eyes and junk despite working them pretty hard. Mix of bigger 6-7 lb fish and 16-18" ones with a few smalleyes released. Nice afternoon to be out after 3 weeks without fishing.

We were out from 5:30 to 9 got kept 10 let a few go lost one monster behind the boat great night 52/54 FOW straight out port was the hot zone for us all on ripplin red fin gold and black and baker boys orange crush were the two hot colours 2.7 mph 300 ft back on lead core also got a few off the riggers just off bottom

Had a great afternoon with a some great guys! First time ever fishing Erie and they had a blast. We ended up keeping 14 between 3 of us and letting about 6 or 7 go to get a little bigger. Fish tonight were for the most part all decent sizes with the biggest at 7 1/4 pounds. We started in 48 fow but most productive was 55-58 fow back 120 #3 dispeys and 10 colour LC.

Fish were on a body bait bite to begin then I moved over to an almost all spoon bite later in the afternoon.

All and all a great trip!

View attachment 48127
@Real Therapy some great looking walleye’s there & some very happy angler’s as well & congratulations to them for their great result for their first time ever fishing for walleye’s on lake erie. Tight lines & enjoy your walleye fry to you all!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍🙂

Fished 3pm to 8pm. Trolled out from 44-60 fow and picked up a few fish along to way. Came back in to 55-58 and picked away there until we got our 4 man limit but it was a slow to medium pace which was okay. 7 and 8 core were by far the best and redfins were better than spoons. Riggers just took up space, I think we got two eyes and junk despite working them pretty hard. Mix of bigger 6-7 lb fish and 16-18" ones with a few smalleyes released. Nice afternoon to be out after 3 weeks without fishing.
A great evening @G.Mech of fishing to you all & I am finding as well that the lead core has been working the best for me. I have not put my downrigger on my boat yet so far this year. Tight lines & enjoy your walleye fry. 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Hey @spincast I was just launching my boat (red Lund) when you came in,,, the attendant told me he saw you on the bridge when you were coming in and he came to see you...lol... it was a little bumpy going out but I marked a ton of fish from45-52 FOW and only managed 8.. lake calmed down later but I only fished from2:30-6:30... gold orange black RRF did most of the damage on riggers set at 40-45 and a couple on purple greasy chicken on dipsey 140 #3.. cheers

We ended up getting our fill yesterday. Not a sniff from 2-4 then from 4-6:30 we got all our fish. Didn’t matter what we threw at them. Lake was a little chunky out of the gate but settled down nicely

at least 5 different age classes caught. Future looks bright

cheers

herefishyfishy

Hey @spincast I was just launching my boat (red Lund) when you came in,,, the attendant told me he saw you on the bridge when you were coming in and he came to see you...lol... it was a little bumpy going out but I marked a ton of fish from45-52 FOW and only managed 8.. lake calmed down later but I only fished from2:30-6:30... gold orange black RRF did most of the damage on riggers set at 40-45 and a couple on purple greasy chicken on dipsey 140 #3.. cheers
Hey @poconokidII - sorry i didn't get a chance to say hi and meet you- did see the nice red Lund and your other half though - glad to hear you got into some fish. It was certainly a bumpier than I was expecting based on the forecast - but that just seem to be one of this years trends, don't it? The CO was actually very cool - I offered to show him the cooler once I got the boat out of the water - he says, no need, have a great day, and off he went Didn't ask for my license or anything - guess how you interact with them will determine how they interact with you?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks