Thames River Water Levels

Glad to see you back @Red Hering ,,thx for the pics and vids you've been texting me,,,,hitting the river for some steelhead today,, would of been nice to join me .......Fish On....Pocono...
Thanks ? & you are welcome @poconokidII ??? I am glad that you like those photo’s and especially the video’s that I send you and others that have given me their contact information so that I can send them to them as well. I wish I knew how to send videos here on this forum,so that all the member’s would be able to enjoy them as well.Also,it would of been nice to have gone steelheading with you this morning,and again,but I already committed myself to meet up with @Jumbojim fir today.But again,thanks a bunch for the invite!!??? The Steelhead season is still very young & there will be other times to get together & to fish for Steelhead’s at your “Honey Hole!!” ????? But first,we are going to get together next week for walleye’s on the thames river,river condition permitting & let me know what day is good for you to go walleye fishing next week. Bye for now,& Steelhead’s ON!! for you & your friends today!! ????

I hear ya Red. Hockey season is starting to wind down now, (Leafs have 16 games left before the playoffs IF they make it which is not certain yet) and as always happens right about now, I'm beginning to stir a little from that self imposed hibernation I go into every October. By mid April and into early May, I won't be hibernating anymore, and by this time give or take next month, the tackle box will be restocked with what I need to replenish, yearly upkeep of my reels will be done, and when I decide to go wet a line (when the Leafs aren't playing IF they do make the playoffs) pretty safe bet you know where I'll be. :whistle:;)

That is of course, UNLESS the boss lady does what she did last year when I started talking about going fishin a little more than I had been as April got closer, and hands me honey do lists a mile long that MUST be done before I can go fishin when I want too, and I just have this feeling that is EXACTLY what she is going to do. She's already wanting me to do "spring cleaning" in certain parts of the house that are NOT heated and that I NEVER do until at least April if not May sometimes. It was May 5th last year before I got out, and late April the year before that. But, with the lake not freezing this year, I may venture out earlier than I normally would or have.
For sure @Trevor M everything seems early this year,& once I find 3 new marine batteries for my electric motor for my boat,I will then be launching it somewhere off a rivermouth for coho’s,rainbows,etc. With our clock’s being moved ahead one hour this weekend,the days will be longer to be able to enjoy the great sport of fishing even more!! Good luck with your “honey do” list,for I have one of those never ending,”honey do” list as well!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)????

@Red Hering , don't let one negative troll-like comment dissuade you from posting any damn thing you choose to here on 6-8. I'm sure 99% of the visitors here would love to know how you're making out doing with walleye fishing on the Thames as the early season nears its close.
Thanks @stomp for your support ?? & my personal update on how the walleye fishing has been going on the thames river just released,on my latest post just now!! ? “HOT!!” just like off the press!! lol ?????

@Red Hering , don't let one negative troll-like comment dissuade you from posting any damn thing you choose to here on 6-8. I'm sure 99% of the visitors here would love to know how you're making out doing with walleye fishing on the Thames as the early season nears its close.
Yes, Erich, just ignore negative comments. You post some great stories and pictures that pick up some of us older guys like me.

I hope @Red Hering has his boots on the ground at the Spring pike tourney. ?
We'll tie a rope to the transom of @Three Bouys Wellcraft and head to the bar for the big ones. ??
Lol @Wave Runner you have just as much chance of hooking a big pike in the inner bay, we fished and marked many bait balls and big fish out at bluff bar last year but our big guys we caught in the last three hrs in the inner bay, go big or stay home ?
Other wise use big pike spinner baits for the big guys??
7B69A9BE-B81B-45B0-8DB8-7770847851F2.jpeg

I have had some of my best days in super super high dirty water conditions on the Thames, think about it, it pushes lazy ass walleye to the slowest parts of the river during that time (this eliminates about 90% of the river ). Fish any back wash and you don't have to cast far from shore, the native netters only have their dip nets ten feet from shore, use white or white/pearls plastics. Keep following the fish up stream when the water drops. Don't fish the easy community spots, get use to walking through muddy corn fields.

Lol @Wave Runner you have just as much chance of hooking a big pike in the inner bay, we fished and marked many bait balls and big fish out at bluff bar last year but our big guys we caught in the last three hrs in the inner bay, go big or stay home ?
Other wise use big pike spinner baits for the big guys??
View attachment 21213
Great tip’s @Jumbojim ???and I totally agree about the location of catching the bigger fish,such as in the inner bay!! It was great seeing you again yesterday in Booths Harbour & I am looking forward to seeing you soon again,maybe as early as next week!! lol:ROFLMAO:? If I am not fishing for the thames river walleye’s!!???:cool:

I have had some of my best days in super super high dirty water conditions on the Thames, think about it, it pushes lazy ass walleye to the slowest parts of the river during that time (this eliminates about 90% of the river ). Fish any back wash and you don't have to cast far from shore, the native netters only have their dip nets ten feet from shore, use white or white/pearls plastics. Keep following the fish up stream when the water drops. Don't fish the easy community spots, get use to walking through muddy corn fields.
Excellent tip’s @big rod!! ?? I will need to try the white colour more often,which is more visible to the fish of course,especially in the much dirtier thames river water.I agree totally on what you are saying about walking through muddy cornfields,and so far this year,such as in previous year’s,I have done that more than enough,to search for more walleye spot’s.Back eddies 5B4015F3-4E97-4584-93AF-1E883C7FB0E1.jpeg as you mentioned are a good spot,and I even went down steep slippery riverbank’s C70F9C74-83BA-44DE-899C-28B418DFA490.jpeg 51D5898C-2A8C-416A-A00C-9DECC4FA6841.jpeg B004F23D-4F1F-4F4B-A56C-BA07D6686F49.jpeg to catch the thames river walleye,which in the end,I end up releasing!! F78FCC4E-F1C2-4509-9941-27EAE6108B7B.jpeg 05289B31-1D51-4C10-86A5-DA64DB32D89C.jpeg :unsure: lol:ROFLMAO: All this talk right now about walleye fishing,makes me want to go out to try my luck today somewhere on the thames river!! Tight lines to All & walleye’s ON!! E198BE1E-CAE0-4F2E-AF9B-F9BCDC4E71E5.jpeg AF4E890E-C14D-4717-85AD-137A172F0A23.jpeg ??o_O??

If you go Red can you send a update on river conditions please? May give it a try tomorrow if fishable. Not worried about colour just height. Tight Lines sir?

If you go Red can you send a update on river conditions please? May give it a try tomorrow if fishable. Not worried about colour just height. Tight Lines sir?
No problem @Double D glad that I can help & I just got back about an hour ago from the thames river.The thames river has dropped down a bit,and still dropping as I am posting this. A photo of the tree in the flooded thames river FC178969-0383-4BCA-BFC7-73D75574C9B2.jpeg F4D02E3C-B953-4654-9A8A-8B80B6AF1624.jpeg back from this past Wednesday,March 4/20,and then showing the same tree from today around 12:30 p.m. Wet spot markings on the tree trunk,created by the dropping river in the second photo from today.746D56FF-4749-4F14-A13F-AF924353C759.jpeg 8D0197AE-39C4-47B3-9A97-849A468B9535.jpeg I know that you weren’t too concerned about the water clarity,1AC47486-D99D-4F41-8D8A-2FC2F9FCDF43.jpeg but it is looking good as well!! I hope that this helps you and others on how the thames river is looking as of now & Be Safe everyone,especially when you are climbing down a steep riverbank!! I say this,because just recently I slipped and fell on my back,(no photo of me on my back!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)),quicker than you can wink,and I thought that I busted up my back,because I heard a snap!! I was O.K. luckily,for I was alone that day,mile’s upriver it seemed,from everyone else,while I was scouting and fishing new walleye spot’s,and if I needed help that day,I would of been literally “screwed!!” On a good note,my back has been feeling terrific ever since,and it was just like being at a chiropractor after my fall!! lol:ROFLMAO: But seriously,be safe,and wear cleats under your footwear,especially if you are the adventurous type,such like myself that wants to fish those hard looking river spot’s,especially when your instinct tells you that there has got to be a walleye E58A36E4-D00E-4BEB-8794-ACD9180CDFE3.jpeg in that spot,right off that steep riverbank!! 839261C1-CF5B-4F91-9A7C-DB798F0E21C2.jpeg E62688A0-15A5-478D-85B2-1C5F33E28412.jpeg 4952121B-AC26-46F2-BFE9-0B2DBE7FA638.jpeg Be Safe!! & Tight lines & walleye’s ON to All!!??o_O?:)

Last edited:
No problem @Double D glad that I can help & I just got back about an hour ago from the thames river.The thames river has dropped down a bit,and still dropping as I am posting this. A photo of the tree in the flooded thames river View attachment 21238 View attachment 21239 back from this past Wednesday,March 4/20,and then showing the same tree from today around 12:30 p.m. Wet spot markings on the tree trunk,created by the dropping river in the second photo from today.View attachment 21240 View attachment 21241 I know that you weren’t too concerned about the water clarity,View attachment 21242 but it is looking good as well!! I hope that this helps you and others on how the thames river is looking as of now & Be Safe everyone,especially when you are climbing down a steep riverbank!! I say this,because just recently I slipped and fell on my back,(no photo of me on my back!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)),quicker than you can wink,and I thought that I busted up my back,because I heard a snap!! I was O.K. luckily,for I was alone that day,mile’s upriver it seemed,from everyone else,while I was scouting and fishing new walleye spot’s,and if I needed help that day,I would of been literally “screwed!!” On a good note,my back has been feeling terrific ever since,and it was just like being at a chiropractor after my fall!! lol:ROFLMAO: But seriously,be safe,and wear cleats under your footwear,especially if you are the adventurous type,such like myself that wants to fish those hard looking river spot’s,especially when your instinct tells you that there has got to be a walleye View attachment 21243 in that spot,right off that steep riverbank!! View attachment 21244 View attachment 21246 View attachment 21247 Be Safe!! & Tight lines & walleye’s ON to All!!??o_O?:)
I have climbed river banks some on the Grandriver during bass derby’s I remember a particular incident climbing and slipped back and reach to grab a branch normal reaction while still holding my fishing line and lure ouch had to get assistance from natural sports fishing store employees.
One problem I had to drive a couple miles first lol
Great people there,
Guess what the hook was titanium we couldn’t cut the hooks, first time ever having a hook pulled out of my left hand between my thumb webbing with braid fishing line I forget what they call that technique all in all it all turned out ok.
I don’t think I’d be hiking the river anymore, enjoy fishing from the boat out here on long point.
4593193B-B452-4204-8D68-0B7E4C875D0B.jpeg
More relaxing ?
Good luck Erich
Play safe ??

Last edited:
Be Safe everyone,especially when you are climbing down a steep riverbank!! I say this,because just recently I slipped and fell on my back,(no photo of me on my back!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)),quicker than you can wink,and I thought that I busted up my back,because I heard a snap!!

THAT is why I don't do the river anymore. If that happens to me, I'm in BIG time trouble. When I could fish the river, I was always alone. IF I were to fall now, when someone finally found me, IF they found me, they'd have to call a tow truck to help the meat wagon attendants get my fat ass off the ground, and then out of the bush.

So to avoid that, I don't do the river no more.

Back