Safe to go?

We just took the boat out for a little ride. Inner bay was 2-3 footers and cresting. I can’t imagine going to the elbow.
Glasgow didn’t look too bad around noon. Lots of fish being cleaned . Sheddon rhubarb fest and yard sales were nuts.View attachment 74207View attachment 74208
Yes, @stomp I agree as well that the Shedden Rhubarb Fest & the yard sales were nuts for sure,when my wife and friends were in Shedden this morning. Great weather all around,and a great crowd as well,with nice people,and rhubarb pie’s 🥧😋, to bring home. I ended up not buying anything at the yard sales,because no one seemed to be selling fishing equipment there!! 😒 lol 😂 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0931.jpeg
    IMG_0931.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0926.jpeg
    IMG_0926.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 3
I ended up not buying anything at the yard sales,because no one seemed to be selling fishing equipment there!! 😒 lol 😂 😉👍🙂
I didn't see any fishin gear anywhere either today Red. (well other than the 2 unusable fishin rods that weren't worth what he was asking for them) when my wife and I went to the townwides in St Mary's and Ailsa Craig. By the time we finished those, it was too late to get to Shedden so we stopped for lunch in Strathroy, then headed to Sarnia. Watched a freighter leave the lake and go under the bridge and give a quick blast on the horn. Watched someone in a fairly small sailboat struggle against the current as he was trying to get out to the lake. It stopped him once and he ended up drifting backwards a bit before trying again, but eventually he figured it out and got it out into the lake.

I didn't see any fishin gear anywhere either today Red. (well other than the 2 unusable fishin rods that weren't worth what he was asking for them) when my wife and I went to the townwides in St Mary's and Ailsa Craig. By the time we finished those, it was too late to get to Shedden so we stopped for lunch in Strathroy, then headed to Sarnia. Watched a freighter leave the lake and go under the bridge and give a quick blast on the horn. Watched someone in a fairly small sailboat struggle against the current as he was trying to get out to the lake. It stopped him once and he ended up drifting backwards a bit before trying again, but eventually he figured it out and got it out into the lake.
@Trevor M those freighters are definitely quite loud,😳 when they blast their horn!! 😳 Here is a video from back on April 22,2023,while I was fishing in the Bluewater Salmon Derby in Point Edward on
View attachment IMG_0412.mov
that day. I wasn’t expecting the freighter to be blasting its horn around that time,but understandable,because it was a bit foggy,as the freighter was heading up the St.Clair River,towards Lake Huron. 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3
@Trevor M those freighters are definitely quite loud,😳 when they blast their horn!! 😳 Here is a video from back on April 22,2023,while I was fishing in the Bluewater Salmon Derby in Point Edward on
View attachment 74347
that day. I wasn’t expecting the freighter to be blasting its horn around that time,but understandable,because it was a bit foggy,as the freighter was heading up the St.Clair River,towards Lake Huron. 👍🙂
That was a salute to the bridge. They do it all the time in Duluth when the freighters enter or exit the harbor there under the lift bridge, and the bridge control answers back with the same salute.

That was a salute to the bridge. They do it all the time in Duluth when the freighters enter or exit the harbor there under the lift bridge, and the bridge control answers back with the same salute.
Good to know @Trevor M & thanks 🙏 😉👍🙂 It was quite foggy though as well,and there were around a half a dozen boat’s,if you could see them,up in the lower end of Lake Huron,and normally I don’t hear the freighter’s blasting their horn,on a clear day. Either way,it was cool to hear the freighter blasting its horn. 👍👍🙂

Back