Inner Bay

@Wave Runner @stomp I definitely appreciate the knowledge you and the contributing members have, that's why I signed up! I never had anyone to teach me the ins and outs of catching fish or even boating, that's why I come here. Seeing comments to the tune of "find your own fishing spot" and "read the regs yourself" is not helpful, and if I'm being honest, if anyone should decide what gets discussed here it should be the folks that put 95% of the comments out there.

Fishing is the best. Being on the water is the most peaceful place in the world. I appreciate all the help I get along the way from you guys, and everyone who entertains my questions. The goofs who lurk and only chime in to shut down some honest questions.... Well if they knew how to catch fish they wouldn't have to rely on hiding their spots now would they?

@Wave Runner @stomp I definitely appreciate the knowledge you and the contributing members have,
most of the time you will get a straight up answer to your question here. Not like on the FB groups where someone will take your post right off the rails with some sort of dumbass question to a question.

I am still waiting for someone here to answer my question...... Where do babies come from :nailbiting:

@Wave Runner @stomp I definitely appreciate the knowledge you and the contributing members have, that's why I signed up! I never had anyone to teach me the ins and outs of catching fish or even boating, that's why I come here. Seeing comments to the tune of "find your own fishing spot" and "read the regs yourself" is not helpful, and if I'm being honest, if anyone should decide what gets discussed here it should be the folks that put 95% of the comments out there.

Fishing is the best. Being on the water is the most peaceful place in the world. I appreciate all the help I get along the way from you guys, and everyone who entertains my questions. The goofs who lurk and only chime in to shut down some honest questions.... Well if they knew how to catch fish they wouldn't have to rely on hiding their spots now would they?

Well said @HotPickle, well said ?

Ok so you have to have charts
I have 2 gps units in my boat with nautical charts for all of Ontario navigable waters
Yes will that be sufficient or it has to be hard copy / paper copy ?

From what i
Ok so you have to have charts
I have 2 gps units in my boat with nautical charts for all of Ontario navigable waters
Yes will that be sufficient or it has to be hard copy / paper copy ?
From what I've been told in the past (I could be wrong) you must have paper maps, the reason being that your GPS units and other electronics could fail or die rendering you helpless. Mind you they only really enforce this in waters that are being navigated by ships and other very large boat traffic to show shipping lanes so not to impede shipping traffic

From what i
From what I've been told in the past (I could be wrong) you must have paper maps, the reason being that your GPS units and other electronics could fail or die rendering you helpless. Mind you they only really enforce this in waters that are being navigated by ships and other very large boat traffic to show shipping lanes so not to impede shipping traffic

Your correct by law you must have the chart. But if your GPS goes down in a fog or on one of those hazy summer days where you can't see shore or any other point to reference position that chart isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Just saying. :)

Bassaholic on Lake Ontario I can assure you that they enforce it anywhere even if you're nowhere near the shipping lanes. I may be wrong because it's a big lake but I haven't heard of it being enforced here on Lake Erie ever.

Stupid regulation says you should know where the frik you're going. Go figure.
If no one uses them anymore, I'd sure like another older one of the Bay with feet not meters.

Stupid regulation says you should know where the frik you're going. Go figure.
If no one uses them anymore, I'd sure like another older one of the Bay with feet not meters.
Because 1% don't know where they are going, 100% of us have to buy a paper chart in case we get stopped and fined. 99% of us already have a GPS and likely 2 or 3 phones on board that tell us exactly where we are, and more quickly and accurately than any paper chart in the glovebox. IMHO, a working GPS or a chart on a phone or an IPad or laptop should be an acceptable substitute for a paper chart.

All true @stomp but 2 or 3 phones onboard? I'm from the before high tech generation and it took me long enough to use the GPS properly and don't even have 1 phone onboard. Why? Because I don't have the time, by the time I figure out one them puppies I'll be dead. :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks