Equipment Question

spider4

Looking for some opinions on EGO fishing nets.
I want to get an EGO slider but not sure on what size, mesh type, etc.. Mostly for fishing Erie walleye.

Thanks in Advance for any input.

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I got one, the quality is very, very good but they don't come with a very big basket unfortunately. The biggest one is just too small for trolling if you get into any larger fish. I made an adaptor so I could put my big trolling net on the s2 slider handle and it works good.

Last edited:

G.Mech

When out with @Three Bouys this summer, the walleye were so plentiful we just started hand bombing them in. We still used a net for the pike tourney :p .
Exactly, you don't really need a net for 20" walleye anyway...I think I lost less hand bombing than we do netting them.

GPS

I've had my EGO net 3 or 4 years now. Much improved from the original ones that broke the plastic adapter that the net screwed onto. Mine has the 9 ft slider handle as my stern is 3 or 4 feet above water. Have had no issues. Hope this helps.

Twister

Yes I hand bomb small pics but I also lost some big trout at the boat last year cause my net was too small. Come on santa

spider4

I've had my EGO net 3 or 4 years now. Much improved from the original ones that broke the plastic adapter that the net screwed onto. Mine has the 9 ft slider handle as my stern is 3 or 4 feet above water. Have had no issues. Hope this helps.
Thanks GPS
Which model number of EGO are you using? Rubber mesh or PVC coated?

Red Hering

When out with @Three Bouys this summer the walleye were so plentiful we just started hand bombing them in. We still used a net for the pike tourney :p .
Are you bragging,”AGAIN” :mad: πŸ‘Ž@stomp ;) that your pike were β€œTHAT BIG!!” at the last pike tourney that you needed a net!! :sneaky:;)Congratulations again to you and @Three Bouys for winning the pike tournament.πŸ‘Š πŸ‘Š See you both on the water next year.🚀 πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Attachments

Last edited:

Red Hering

Myself and @Red Hering had a net for the pike touney but size wise could have hand bombed them as well. 😒
I don’t know wether to cry or be happy @Wave Runner ;) from your comment,lol πŸ˜‚ but lets make sure that we have a big net in the boat for those bigger pike that we will catch the next time.πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Attachments

Wave Runner

I don’t know wether to cry or be happy @Wave Runner ;) from your comment,lol πŸ˜‚ but lets make sure that we have a big net in the boat for those bigger pike that we will catch the next time.πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
I hope next time a big net won't be big enough... we need to tow the pike back to the dock. ;)🀩

G.Mech

Thanks GPS
Which model number of EGO are you using? Rubber mesh or PVC coated?
the solid rubber mesh is the way to go, hook free and easy on the fish. The rubber coated nylon still gets hooks in it occasionally.

big rod

When out with @Three Bouys this summer the walleye were so plentiful we just started hand bombing them in. We still used a net for the pike tourney :p .
Thats about time 40 fish later when someone ends up with a crankbait in the hand.

GPS

mine is the rubber version with a flat bottom

Red Hering

I found a net that should be perfect for Team Red Wave.
View attachment 19474
LOL!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: @stomp!! :rolleyes::sneaky:EF8AED35-66DC-4243-9A65-023B6BEA9546.jpeg (n);) I &”Team Red Wave,” will stick with my landing net 5A3E58DC-FDAA-422D-B34C-94732DB7A674.jpeg that I have!!o_OπŸ˜— But,thanks and β€œNo Thanks,” for your generous offer,especially around this time of year, πŸŽ„for giving!! LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks