Equipment Question

spider4

Looking for some opinions on EGO fishing nets.
I want to get an EGO slider but not sure on what size, mesh type, etc.. Mostly for fishing Erie walleye.

Thanks in Advance for any input.

I got one, the quality is very, very good but they don't come with a very big basket unfortunately. The biggest one is just too small for trolling if you get into any larger fish. I made an adaptor so I could put my big trolling net on the s2 slider handle and it works good.

Last edited:
I've had my EGO net 3 or 4 years now. Much improved from the original ones that broke the plastic adapter that the net screwed onto. Mine has the 9 ft slider handle as my stern is 3 or 4 feet above water. Have had no issues. Hope this helps.

I've had my EGO net 3 or 4 years now. Much improved from the original ones that broke the plastic adapter that the net screwed onto. Mine has the 9 ft slider handle as my stern is 3 or 4 feet above water. Have had no issues. Hope this helps.
Thanks GPS
Which model number of EGO are you using? Rubber mesh or PVC coated?

When out with @Three Bouys this summer the walleye were so plentiful we just started hand bombing them in. We still used a net for the pike tourney :p .
Are you bragging,”AGAIN” :mad: ?@stomp ;) that your pike were “THAT BIG!!” at the last pike tourney that you needed a net!! :sneaky:;)Congratulations again to you and @Three Bouys for winning the pike tournament.? ? See you both on the water next year.? ????

Attachments

• EE8B85FA-6837-492C-B06B-3E7AA5B9A4BE.jpeg
    EE8B85FA-6837-492C-B06B-3E7AA5B9A4BE.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Myself and @Red Hering had a net for the pike touney but size wise could have hand bombed them as well. ?
I don’t know wether to cry or be happy @Wave Runner ;) from your comment,lol ? but lets make sure that we have a big net in the boat for those bigger pike that we will catch the next time.?????

Attachments

• B95B212B-CF33-470D-BFB2-631ACBDF409E.jpeg
    B95B212B-CF33-470D-BFB2-631ACBDF409E.jpeg
    627.3 KB · Views: 12
mine is the rubber version with a flat bottom

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks