Burwell Tomorrow

The OTHER problem is I'm looking out my windows right now. The trees aren't moving, not at all. The wind is calm. According to Env Canada, it's a 14km/hr SW wind. NOT HERE.......Windy is telling me the wind is blowing out of the SW at 21km/hr gusting 34.......NOT HERE.......WIndfinder is telling me it's a WSW, almost W wind blowing at 15km/hr gusting 20......NOT HERE........Weather Underground is telling me it's a SW at 12km/hr.......but doesn't give me the gusts......NOT HERE.....they're all different......but I know enough to know that what it's doing here at home, is NOT likely what's happening at the lake. It almost never is.......

The OTHER problem is I'm looking out my windows right now. The trees aren't moving, not at all. The wind is calm. According to Env Canada, it's a 14km/hr SW wind. NOT HERE.......Windy is telling me the wind is blowing out of the SW at 21km/hr gusting 34.......NOT HERE.......WIndfinder is telling me it's a WSW, almost W wind blowing at 15km/hr gusting 20......NOT HERE........Weather Underground is telling me it's a SW at 12km/hr.......but doesn't give me the gusts......NOT HERE.....they're all different......but I know enough to know that what it's doing here at home, is NOT likely what's happening at the lake. It almost never is.......
I am often told “surprised you aren’t out fishing it’s beautiful out not a stitch of wind”
Which is usually replied with not here but the lake is blowing up.
Lots of people don’t realize the wind here on land in st Thomas is always different then what’s happening at the lake

I am often told “surprised you aren’t out fishing it’s beautiful out not a stitch of wind”
Lots of people don’t realize the wind here on land in st Thomas is always different then what’s happening at the lake
Yep. Winds will be calm (kinda like right now) at home. When I get to the top of the hill going into Bruce, I can be looking at the flags at the top of either hill going in (depending on which way I decide to go in, either Dexter line or Imperial Rd) and they'll be tight against the flag poles, not even twitching. Get to the pier........lake is rolling, flags at the park are standing straight out from the pole, and this year more than others, I've REALLY noticed how big a difference there is between where I sit out by the light tower, and what's happening by the parking lot.........Out by the light tower, bit of a breeze, comfortable temps, humidity while there, not so bad.........walk past that little wall by the gate on the way back to the car, temp and humidity go WAY up and I walk into a heated invisible wall of YUCK.🥵

A very excellent point @Derkd9 👊👊 I had a long time friend come over yesterday “out of the blue,” and the first thing that he noticed was that my truck was backed up in front of my boat. He thought that I was about to go fishing,and I pointed to the tree’s & our 🇨🇦 Canadian flag 🇨🇦,blowing in the breeze and said,not today pal,but hopefully soon one day!! He would of have not hesitated to go fishing with me,right there and then,if I would of said,lets go fishing!! lol 😂 I then told him about Lake Erie being a very unpredictable lake for boating,and basically just said to me,”good call!!” We will go fishing together on a better day on Lake Erie. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Yep. Winds will be calm (kinda like right now) at home. When I get to the top of the hill going into Bruce, I can be looking at the flags at the top of either hill going in (depending on which way I decide to go in, either Dexter line or Imperial Rd) and they'll be tight against the flag poles, not even twitching. Get to the pier........lake is rolling, flags at the park are standing straight out from the pole, and this year more than others, I've REALLY noticed how big a difference there is between where I sit out by the light tower, and what's happening by the parking lot.........Out by the light tower, bit of a breeze, comfortable temps, humidity while there, not so bad.........walk past that little wall by the gate on the way back to the car, temp and humidity go WAY up and I walk into a heated invisible wall of YUCK.🥵
I totally agree there @Trevor M 👍👍 about the conditions on the pier and the difference in weather by the little wall by the gate,etc. Whenever in the past when I did go to Port Bruce to launch my boat there,I would do a,”drive by” first by the pier,to see what the lake actually looked like,such as “too choppy” etc.,to be boating,before I paid my launch fee,at one of the boat ramp’s further up Catfish Creek. It helped,and it did save me some boat ramp fee money in the past. Some photo’s of the Port Bruce pier,(for everyones enjoyment— lol 😂),when I was there as a stopover,(without my boat),after I had left Port Burwell,on July 27/22.

Attachments

• 8D8C412F-BC3B-47F1-A80C-DC4CDBE0A913.jpeg
    8D8C412F-BC3B-47F1-A80C-DC4CDBE0A913.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 23
  • C5C31DE1-9A43-4769-9A77-466FF5966C1D.jpeg
    C5C31DE1-9A43-4769-9A77-466FF5966C1D.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 22
  • 1EDBF6FE-73EC-4990-9CF5-8E8A68CFAFD3.jpeg
    1EDBF6FE-73EC-4990-9CF5-8E8A68CFAFD3.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 4455BA12-5FB3-4443-B2A9-B712C4922C0D.jpeg
    4455BA12-5FB3-4443-B2A9-B712C4922C0D.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 0D0B64DE-09F2-4EE1-9538-6015A09A5AD4.jpeg
    0D0B64DE-09F2-4EE1-9538-6015A09A5AD4.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 21
  • ABD44F31-06A0-4237-86E0-3EFBD49AAF46.jpeg
    ABD44F31-06A0-4237-86E0-3EFBD49AAF46.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 24
I totally agree there @Trevor M 👍👍 about the conditions on the pier and the difference in weather by the little wall by the gate,etc. Whenever in the past when I did go to Port Bruce to launch my boat there,I would do a,”drive by” first by the pier,to see what the lake actually looked like,such as “too choppy” etc.,to be boating,before I paid my launch fee,at one of the boat ramp’s further up Catfish Creek. It helped,and it did save me some boat ramp fee money in the past. Some photo’s of the Port Bruce pier,(for everyones enjoyment— lol 😂),when I was there as a stopover,(without my boat),after I had left Port Burwell,on July 27/22.
I wasn't there that day RED. I was out in the boat getting these that day with @tailfeathers @DST and @DaveJ You could have been, but decided not too, understandably, due to the motor issues you were having with your boat at the time. We'll get out together for some eyes and bows eventually, just not sure which day eventually is.......just that like the other's, it ends with a "Y" so it's not likely going to be tomorrow.......because well tomorrow ends with a "W" :ROFLMAO: and tomorrow never comes anyways, because tomorrow eventually becomes today....o_O:wacky:......But I might be on the pier in the morning. Haven't decided and probably won't until the morning.....

Attachments

• July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (1).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (1).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
  • July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (2).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (2).jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 11
  • July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (3).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (3).jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 13
  • July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (4).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (4).jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12
  • July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (5).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (5).jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 14
  • July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers.  (6).jpg
    July 27 2022 Out with Tailfeathers. (6).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I’m wonder the same thing for port Glasgow, do I go out tonight or will I get hit with a storm, or do I just try to go out tomorrow night there or somewhere else… always so hard of a call to make

I wasn't there that day RED. I was out in the boat getting these that day with @tailfeathers @DST and @DaveJ You could have been, but decided not too, understandably, due to the motor issues you were having with your boat at the time. We'll get out together for some eyes and bows eventually, just not sure which day eventually is.......just that like the other's, it ends with a "Y" so it's not likely going to be tomorrow.......because well tomorrow ends with a "W" :ROFLMAO: and tomorrow never comes anyways, because tomorrow eventually becomes today....o_O:wacky:......But I might be on the pier in the morning. Haven't decided and probably won't until the morning.....
Yes, @Trevor M I remembered your photo’s from that day quite well,which was not too long ago,( July 27/22.),when you and 2 other member’s from @stomp went out on @tailfeathers charter with you that day. @DaveJ was one of the member’s from @tailfeathers charter,who I had met this past spring,2022,(photo),while I was fishing for thames river walleye’s,on the last day of the walleye season on March 15/22. @DaveJ and to this day,we occasionally still keep in touch. My outboard motor has been fixed for awhile now,and my wife is more excited than myself I think 🤔, to get back out there on Lake Erie fishing again,for some more walleye’s and hopefully rainbow’s as well!! 🤞🤞 I am just waiting for her to get a day off from work & then we will be going fishing!! Tight lines and perch on for you tomorrow,if you are going to the Port Bruce pier in the morning again. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 5EEFD341-C4E4-44E2-81E5-C639E6C6B2A6.jpeg
    5EEFD341-C4E4-44E2-81E5-C639E6C6B2A6.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 6B212407-733F-4B2E-9726-2878BE7DA1DD.jpeg
    6B212407-733F-4B2E-9726-2878BE7DA1DD.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 2
  • F8458F2F-D31E-41A0-B79B-754307913957.jpeg
    F8458F2F-D31E-41A0-B79B-754307913957.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 4
  • 756E0956-A5AE-429E-9B47-5AFFA3CDDF71.jpeg
    756E0956-A5AE-429E-9B47-5AFFA3CDDF71.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
my wife is more excited than myself I think
I can't say the same. My wife has said those magical words that mean IF the weather cooperates, I'll be on the pier in the morning, but she won't be with me. She's on vacation for another couple days and is going to Parks to get some blueberries with her mom instead. At least they're taking her mom's car so I can have ours to go fishin........ IF I go. 🤷‍♂️

I’m heading out tomorrow about 8-8:30. I think it should be ok. Looked like your “screenshot” was from ”windfinder” , the “3 day” screen can tell a better story sometimes. On another note got my boat back from the shop. The motor kept cutting out on the way in. Hope it’s ok. If you see a guy waving a life jacket from a blue “Alumacraft” don’t hesitate to come over and say hi !

Do I hear a "live-from-Burwell" community thread for tomorrow?. Hoping to get out there for the first time this year

OK kids. Thanks mostly to @stomp for providing a legit looking forecast, team anonymoose should be on the water at 7.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR SECRETS!

likely be running 4 dipsies, 2 or 3 lead and maybe a rigger if I get energetic. Feed me data, hive mind! Pretty please? 😁😆

OK kids. Thanks mostly to @stomp for providing a legit looking forecast, team anonymoose should be on the water at 7.

likely be running 4 dipsies, 2 or 3 lead and maybe a rigger if I get energetic. Feed me data, hive mind! Pretty please? 😁😆
Last time I was out earlier in the weak was running my baits down 35-40ft
Colourful spoons

🤫🤫🤫🤫

Don't tell anyone. It's a secret...........the fish........🤫🤫🤫........promise you won't tell anyone right?

The fish.....as I was saying.........**peeks over shoulder to make sure NOBODY else is listening**.....I KNOW where they are...........🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

they're in that bluish wet stuff under your boat or beside the pier.........THAT is where they live.....so THAT is where you're going to find them....put a baited line or one with a lure on it in the water and if they're hungry they'll hit it and you'll catch'em. If they aren't......they won't hit it and you won't catch'em............🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Don't tell anyone tho........THAT is supposed to be a secret.....I wasn't supposed to tell anyone........🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

The only chance I’ll have to get out until next weekend is tomorrow evening I’ll be watching the weather if it’s at all acceptable I’ll be heading down around 2

Based on what I'm seeing now looking at the sites I look at, while I'm not planning to get up and go for stupid o'clock tomorrow, I am likely going to be going to the pier in Bruce and expect to be there around 6-6:30ish tomorrow morning, unless it's raining considerably harder than they're saying it will be, or there's a thunderstorm happening.

To seriously answer your earlier "secrets" question @anonymoose, IF you go, I'd start at 45-55FOW straight out or a bit to the west just the other side of the PP beach and go from there........watch for the nets they're probably out there........can't really give you any lure selection options, you probably know more about that than I do.....hell I just learned what the name of those lures I picked up the other day at the garage sale my wife and I stopped at were.....;):ROFLMAO:

I'll be out tomorrow morning, but back perchin since our side got 💩mixed from the rain. Look for a black Lund along the north shore.... Haven't manscaped yet so don't anchor within fist bump distance 👊👍🎣

I'll tell ya this much. If I wake up in the morning and see what I'm seeing out my window right now......I'll delay, postpone, or cancel........NASTY lookin dark clouds out there right now......and we're under a severe thunderstorm warning for a line of storms that popped up over London and stretch all the way to Calendonia........

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks