Burwell Tomorrow

Sky is still flashing and singin every once in a while here at our place in London by the airport. Not raining very hard tho at the moment.
I live in east London, I stopped at a buddies on river road to pick up a tire and got soaked. Once I got to the 401 and Veterans the roads were dry and the sky was clear.
I just woke up and it's clear here in Bruce. I might try to head out depending on the lake.

I live in east London, I stopped at a buddies on river road to pick up a tire and got soaked. Once I got to the 401 and Veterans the roads were dry and the sky was clear.
I just woke up and it's clear here in Bruce. I might try to head out depending on the lake.
The radar looks like there is a storm right on top of where I fish.
Need an update to see the track of this storm
As the tail end could hit there as well around 12-1pm
We’d likely have our limits by then but better to play it safe in this situation I think
Either way I’m get the boat ready and hooked up… it’s happening just a matter of when exactly

The radar looks like there is a storm right on top of where I fish.
Need an update to see the track of this storm
As the tail end could hit there as well around 12-1pm
We’d likely have our limits by then but better to play it safe in this situation I think
Either way I’m get the boat ready and hooked up… it’s happening just a matter of when exactly
Agreed. Rain is rain but the wind and lightning are a different story. Be watching your posts. Tight lines and be safe.

Thursday morning on shore wind at 16 kts mixed & churned the water up. Debris field heading out Burwell last night - more than usual floating branches etc.... At 45 FOW you could see a florescent body bait about 8 inches in water. A week ago you could see that same body bait 8 feet down on the rigger. Lady Erie needs to settle down - more than just the waves and wind.

I just went back to sleep
Going to head to the launch soon
Storms are passing
Be good out of Stanley by 9 it looks like
I didn't even bother setting the alarm last night to wake me up. Decided when I went to bed that I'd decide whether to go or not when I woke up (which was just now) after checking the weather sites I look at and the radar.

I'm going to go.
We are gonna take an afternoon fish today @Derkd9 . Looks good, no lightning anyways so @Trevor M should be OK. 😆
I have rain gear, don't mind fishin in the rain. Just not fool enough to sit out by the light tower on the pier during a thunderstorm. A little crazy maybe, but not stupid. ;)

I'm in east London as well. (Dundas/Veterans) Once I post this, I'll be getting dressed, puttin my gear in the car and I'll be on my way. Look for me on the pier in about an hour or so.

I didn't even bother setting the alarm last night to wake me up. Decided when I went to bed that I'd decide whether to go or not when I woke up (which was just now) after checking the weather sites I look at and the radar.

I'm going to go.

I have rain gear, don't mind fishin in the rain. Just not fool enough to sit out by the light tower on the pier during a thunderstorm. A little crazy maybe, but not stupid. ;)

I'm in east London as well. (Dundas/Veterans) Once I post this, I'll be getting dressed, puttin my gear in the car and I'll be on my way. Look for me on the pier in about an hour or so.
I was crossing my fingers when I woke up the storms would be over land and the lake would be nice and clear
Saw that red sky last night and got my hopes up lmao

If you chose not to go, you missed a great morning. Arrived to a rare sight, me, first boat at the ramp. Went to my normal starting point and we were fish on in 10 mins. The action was fast and furious for the first 2, 3 hours. Found a school and just worked it. We threw a bunch back had lots of double headers, and fish waiting on the floor to be triaged while the crew responded to the next twitching rod. Didn't count but well over 30 for the two of us. Lines up by 1.00 Rrr worked early on, but the bite switched to spoons. Bugs were pretty bad, especially once the wind died off. My latest acquisition had a busy morning. Coming back in someone took a wrong turn at Alberquque and got stuck on the sand bar to the west of the peir. Some very considerate boater heading out throttled up before the end of the peir and sent a nice wake getting this poor guy and his son more stuck. I was just about to throw them a tow line when they finally managed to get unstuck and head out.

Attachments

• 20220711_104211.jpg
    20220711_104211.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 9
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks