Big Otter sanctuary Petition

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

SRT8 what do you think about the info Stick provided from the general prohibitions of the fisheries act stating you cannot fish within 22.9m downstream of an obstacle? Does this not mean the area is already essentially a sanctuary that is not posted?

cheers

DSCF1047.jpg

Technically, yes it is a sanctuary! Contact with the proper authorites may get get a sign and/or wire put up down there? This rule seems to be on that is rarely enforced though. It's really only on major steelhead streams and at high traffic areas that this rule is enforced. Can't hurt to fire off an enquiring E-mail......

Josh

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Roelofsen

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

SRT8 what do you think about the info Stick provided from the general prohibitions of the fisheries act stating you cannot fish within 22.9m downstream of an obstacle? Does this not mean the area is already essentially a sanctuary that is not posted?

cheers

DSCF1047.jpg

Technically, yes it is a sanctuary! Contact with the proper authorites may get get a sign and/or wire put up down there? This rule seems to be on that is rarely enforced though. It's really only on major steelhead streams and at high traffic areas that this rule is enforced. Can't hurt to fire off an enquiring E-mail......

Josh

We have spoke to the MNR/LPRCA about this and it's not that easy hence the reason for the Petition

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

That's pretty sad really.....Can't imagine what would stop the MNR from enforce the rules that they have put in their regulations!?:(:(:(

Josh

SRT8 what was the response when you inquired about a cable/wire and signs indicating the 22.9m no fishing zone?

DSCF1047.jpg

LPRCA said they had tried in the past and were unsuccessfull and I was told by your buddy that OFAH opposed it buyt the OFAH says they did not. We are talking to the OFAH and trying to get involved in our zones commitee so we cane have a say in what happens but I am not certain how all that works yet so we will see.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

That's the best place to start Shawn. OFAH can be a loud voice. Think of organizing a legal local association affiliated wth OFAH and once it is in place the wheels get turning. Albeit very slowly.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Stick I would love to start a club but with a young family and shift work I just don't have the time to chase people around it's hard enough to get 6-8 people out to do a river clean up let alone come to monthly meetings and what not there's a couple of us working on this so hopefully we can pool together and get stuff done without peeing to many people off .

boatnonumbers.jpg

so SRT8, the LPRCA tried to install a cable and sign but were unsuccessful due to opposition from ofah? I understand that OFAH has a loud voice but if the fisheries act says you cannot fish within 22.9m, then surely OFAH cannot oppose the law or a sign enforcing so? If this indeed is the law, I do not understand how OFAH could oppose it no matter how big their voice is?

cheers

DSCF1047.jpg

quinner they prob didn't oppose the sign or not fishing it. they prob opposed putting up a big stink about it , you have to pick your battle's.

OFAH opposed a true sanctuary similar to Big Creeks sanctuary at the time the sanctuaries were first implemented way back when.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

quote:
Originally posted by Stick

OFAH opposed a true sanctuary similar to Big Creeks sanctuary at the time the sanctuaries were first implemented way back when.

Stick

The OFAH says they did not oppose it so not sure what happened and really I don't care as long as we can get a cable put in down there .

boatnonumbers.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks