Search results

1. K

Yellow spots bullhead fillets

Guys, For the few guys that like spring bullheads, are you finding lots with tiny yellow bumps in the fillets right under the skin? I'm trying to find what this is, as it doesn't appear to be yellow grubs or a type of fluke. It's tiny spots, almost gritty under the skin.
  2. K

St. Williams Ice

Hi guys, Thinking of bringing my little to St. William's for some ice fishing, as our east Erie ice blew out. What's the ice looking like for tomorrow? Not looking for any spots or reports just an ice report. Would prefer to run the quad out. Thanks guys
  3. K

Are streams fishable?

Hey guys, I'm looking to take my son for the day Delhi or Tilsonburg way for some trout fishing. Are the streams blown out? We got alot of rain here in Niagara. Thanks for any help. Trying to plan a day of hooky from a school.
  4. K

Tapeworms

Are you guys at the western/central area of the lake seeing the massive prevalence of tape worms in the walleye this year? The east basin fish are loaded. I'd say over 80% of the fish have them.
  5. K

Bobo??

Bobo, I've tried to get in contact with you regarding your offer in the classifieds. Do you want the rod and reel, or no? I have a couple other guys asking, but have held off as I told them I accepted an offer and am waiting to hear back. Please let me know by the end of the day, so I can...
  6. K

down temps

Hey guys, What kind of down temp do you guys have down towards Burwell?? Just curious, our temps in the East end seem to be the same as the surface temp all the way down.
  7. K

"go to" bow spoons

Hey guys, I have been heading off shore in the Eastern basin quite a bit lately, trying to figure out the trout fishing at our end. Been doing really well on lakers, and hitting the odd bow up around the 60-70 ft mark. I'd really like to dial in on the bows. What spoons/lures/colours are...
  8. K

blue walleye

Well, I know a few guys were on channel 68 the other day when I was talking about the walleye that a guy cranked in on my boat. It was a very neat looking fish, and was very blue. The photo doesn't really do it justice, because it never really occurred to me that I should take a shot of it...
  9. K

Lake St. Clair..Need info

Hey Guys, I'm planning to go for a weekend trip to Lake St. Clair with a friend of mine who is big into musky fishing. Coming from the Niagara area. Can anyone recommend a cheap location for accomodations? Launch areas? I'm doing some googling to find some info as well, but I figured some...
  10. K

reminder - reporting requirements

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/facts-faits/096-eng.html Good read for any border boaters on the great lakes.
  11. K

Need help - alignment/gimbal/ujoint

Guys, I just completed a transom replacement on my 22' Starcraft. Thinking the gimbal bearing install and engine aligment should be done by a pro, I opted to take it to a shop. Bearing was installed, and engine aligned. The outdrive did seem to go on nicely. However, I noticed the outside of...
  12. K

Erie Whitefish??

Ok, with all the guys who fish perch out there, there must be a few guys on here who have gotten into some whitefish. I saw an incidental one caught through the ice in the Eastern end of Erie, but only one. With the commercial netters seeing a pretty impressive catch of Erie whitefish (which...
  13. K

ice hut registration

Does anyone know what the cost is of registering a hut on lake erie?
  14. K

Need major boat help!!

Guys, So, the last couple trips out with my boat I noticed a whining sound coming from the alternator area of my engine, my voltage was also spiking up and down on my gauge. I took it into my mech and he changed the alternator. I've also got a brand new battery, so that shouldn't be an...
  15. K

bows on harnesses??

Question for you guys down on the Central part of the lake. Out off Burwell, Bruce, etc.. do you guys ever hit bows when running a slow troll with harnesses only? I'm thinking of trying our Eastern waters with a spead that would target bows, running spoons and bumping the speed up. I never...
  16. K

eye moving east?

Do you guys think the eyes are shifting towards the east end of the lake with this hot weather? I've noticed that the reports down from your end are slowing down, and the fishing down this way (east end) is really heating up.
  17. K

all members-pls read

Guys, Make sure to read the link below, the rules have changed out there for reporting inwards when entering CDN waters. No longer do you have to anchor or shore, you just HAVE TO BE IN CDN WATER. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/facts-faits/096-eng.html Lots of border boaters on here...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks