St. Williams Ice

kevin

Hi guys,

Thinking of bringing my little to St. William's for some ice fishing, as our east Erie ice blew out. What's the ice looking like for tomorrow? Not looking for any spots or reports just an ice report. Would prefer to run the quad out.

Thanks guys

Lots of good clear ice around 10inch from st Williams . Snow covered. Some deeper drifts here and there . Pick your lines should be ok with a 4x4 quad . My old Honda was working at times. 7 feet of water straight out a bit to the east. Water was murky. 5 fisherman, 3 dink perch

Lots of good clear ice around 10inch from st Williams . Snow covered. Some deeper drifts here and there . Pick your lines should be ok with a 4x4 quad . My old Honda was working at times. 7 feet of water straight out a bit to the east. Water was murky. 5 fisherman, 3 dink perch
Thanks! Sounds hit or miss out there for the perch.

Ice was 14 " + where I was today..... 1.5 - 2 miles out ???? 6.5 fow

Some people did slightly better closer to shore others nothing but dinks

A few guys reported 10- 25 keepers ???
Way out by far group of huts ...guessing 4 -5 mile range ....??? Just guessing

Like others said some good snow drifts out there ....a few quads pulling trailers got stuck near us

You may want to take a 2×4 ....couple " longer than your auger width....drill hole in center ..with 2 ' of looped rope out of hole

If you get stuck ...can always drill a hole in ice ....put 2x4 down hole crossways ...as a anchor point ....attach winch to rope ( not direct to 2x4) and winch out .... you may get 2x4 out with your spud ....may not ???
Unless your little guy can drive quad while you push ....or shovel yourself out ....didnt see anyone get too stuck

I got stuck yesterday with my quad and trailer hit a big slush hole that didn’t have any tracks in or out of it , couldn’t tell it was there until I was in it , unhooked trailer and drove my quad up onto good ice and used long strap to pull the trailer out , it’s the weight of all that snow causes slush holes , by next weekend it’s going to get really sloppy out there 9086FC65-77C2-44E5-9A17-67A2C1191F0E.jpeg

Back