Search results

1. B

Cheater line

I run with only 3' of fluoro leader for my cheater and use the smaller 2.25" trolling spoons (on a swivel). Chicken Wing Michigan Stinger produces lots of mid size bows and pics. I find the 3' leader works well but much easier to manage.
  2. B

Speed Question

1.5 to 2.0 mph on worm harnesses which I normally only use at the elbow earlier to mid season. 2.7 to 3.0 mph on spoons and body baits is my default speed. The last couple of weeks I have been running faster at 3.0 to 3.3 mph. If you pick up a sheephead then you are trolling too slow for...
  3. B

Any Results for Mayhem at Hoovers?

How many teams were registered for the tourney?
  4. B

Any Results for Mayhem at Hoovers?

Does anyone have results from Mayhem at Hoovers?
  5. B

Bleeding out fish

I always bleed out pics, bows and salmon. I use a set of poultry scissors to snip the throat in the live well and leave them in to bleed for 20 minutes before putting them in the cooler on ice. I have never tried perch but no reason that it wouldn't work for them. It's definitely worth the effort.
  6. B

leadcore leader lengths for spoons

I use 15' of Seaguar 30lb STS Salmon Fluorocarbon Leader for my leadcore and downrigger lines. The leader will definitely kill the action of the leadcore so I keep it short. I will knock off about 1' at a time if there are any nicks.
  7. B

Xtreme Marine

Great guys to deal with and Legend builds great fishing boats right here in Sudbury. Bought my 20 xcalibur from the owner Rob at Xtreme Marine and their mechnical service has been great. I deal with a fellow in Port Burwell for the installation of all my electronic toys though. Brad handles...
  8. B

NEED A NEW SMOKER ASAP

I am on my 3rd season with my Bradley. It has held up well except for the lower plastic trim on the door breaking in the hinge area. Fixed it with duct tape. I smoked a couple of wet brined 6lb bow fillets yesterday using alder wood. Still does a great job smoking.
  9. B

Port Burwell (launching etiquette)

I was there Saturday afternoon trying to get in. Me and another boat were waiting in the river for a sail boat to back out of the ramp when this PRICK in a beige 18' Legend drives past us and pulls up beside the sail boat at the dock. His buddy gets out of the boat, gets their truck and trailer...
  10. B

Auto Pilot

I installed a Lowrance cable steer auto pilot on my 20' Legend this spring. It steers my 150 merc main and through a tie rod my 9.9 pro kicker. I bought the components at Angling Outfitters and Calvin Martin in Port Burwell did a fantastic job installing everything including a new Lowrance HDS...
  11. B

HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

Hey Chef, Just to confirm. What time do you want us at Hoovers in the morning?
  12. B

HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

I signed up our team yesterday. Looking forward to some good fun.
  13. B

SPECIAL EVENT ! MARINA SHORES LONGPOINT FREE LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS INSIGHT GENESIS SEMINAR

Just tried to email but it bounced back as undeliverable.
  14. B

Hotlinefishing On Water Clinic Saturday August 30th

Hey John, I am new to this site but would love to go out this Saturday. I haven't figured out how to PM you but would love to go out. Bill
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks