NEED A NEW SMOKER ASAP

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hey can I get some help!!! My true north electric fish smoker has had it.. to much use and is ready for the dumpster..
I have 2 extra large batches in 2 extra large jars of rainbow chunks sittin in a deluxe brine I made up today and will be ready to smoke tomorrow am...

I have looked for a new smoker now for a few hours and I am gettin upset not able to find one..
Looking for an electric or propane smoker... I really dont want to pay that price on the Bradley smoker..but
I would settle for another true north or big/little chief or something comparable ...willing to drive to pick it up...
Any ideas or suggestions on where I can get one off the shelf... thanks ahead

Angling outfitters in Woodstock has the Bradley on sale I think 349 and he also has the big chief and the little big chief in stock.

I don't recall the brand but the Superstore in Simcoe was blowing out some of their summer stuff when I was in on Tuesday. They had a box type propane smoker on for $109 - regular something like $229. Not sure where you are located but might be worth a phone call to see if they still have it.

I want to get a propane smoker one with two doors a lower door for wood chips and water bowl another for the meat so you don't have to open the whole thing up to top up

I currently use a charcoal smoker it's difficult to control temperature but gives a wonderful smokey flavour

hey I just bought one and got it home...Its a 4 grill propane smoker only used 3 or 4 times for $75 bucks...it looks like new...ya i got it from my Aunt Josey...lol...she paid $200 for it..it is all set up and I gave it a test flame...so hickory smokin tomorrow...thanks for the help!...this is smoker #4....they say smokin and dryin out your fish a bit with the salt removes more of the toxins...anyway it should be good...

IMG_20160710_085403.jpg Cooked a 6 lbs. Brisket on my Masterbuilt on Sunday. Put it on at 9am put in my cooler for 3 hours to rest and best beef hands down at 6pm. Low and Slow. Wrapped it in heavy duty Tinfoil when it hit 165 took it off at 200 degrees. Added a cup of beef broth in the foil. It was awesome.

I am on my 3rd season with my Bradley. It has held up well except for the lower plastic trim on the door breaking in the hinge area. Fixed it with duct tape.

I smoked a couple of wet brined 6lb bow fillets yesterday using alder wood. Still does a great job smoking.

Mixed fruit wood, apple pear cherry and mulberry I have them on my self serve vegetable stand 175 queen street Port Rowan

I've never used a smoker before - going to do up some fish this weekend. I'm the cheapass type - any suggestions for making your own chips? Any species to avoid? My wood pile has a lot of ash in it these days but there's some black cherry, hard maple, aspen, etc. in there. If I lived near the lake I'd visit @paddle maker but would like to get the first batch going shortly. What about osage orange? Some of that found its way in to the wood pile too.

Why did I sell my wood chipper??

Back