Search results

1. 363C41D2-5BF0-4B52-8A06-7D6EEDBFD9A7.jpeg

363C41D2-5BF0-4B52-8A06-7D6EEDBFD9A7.jpeg

2. sronza

Man Over Board systems (MOB) #1 safety device on my boat!

I just wanted to add this. on my boat i use a travel restrain. It allows me to reach the sides of boat but i cannot go over. Reason is this. If you fall over. on a windy day. Even if your motor cuts out. Most people will not be able to catch the boat as it will drift faster than you can swim. i...
  3. sronza

Cayo coco Cuba fishing

I just returned from Cayo Guillermo last week. They told me at the airport that rods must be put on plane. Not carry on. Fishing from bridge requires a heavy weight and live bait rig for best chances. Current runs strong hence the heavy weight. Lots of shad / mullet type minnows off beach at...
  4. sronza

Dipsey question / report

Did well last monday straight out 60ft. Biggest 10lbs all on body baits. Something unusual happened while running #1 dipsey on 3 setting. I had been running same lure 2 days straight. 125 ft back. 2.5 mph steady. Rod bounced as if to indicate strike. Brought line in. No fish. Hmmmmmm. Lure...
  5. sronza

Erie Winds

6. 747C28FC-14F7-48BD-8C8D-E10DC80B325B.jpeg

747C28FC-14F7-48BD-8C8D-E10DC80B325B.jpeg

7. sronza

Erie Winds

I did make it to Erie…… I made the trek across toronto at noon because the forescast had turned on both the wind and storms.…..then i wake to a much revised outlook. So i departed. I will add though…..I was greeted to 15klm/hr winds (forecast) in the afternoon that were an actual 15 knts. I...
  8. sronza

Erie Winds

So. This forcast has me thinking twice about making the trip. 20klm/hr winds from the north. That means calm close to shore but from Burwell staright out at 50ft it will be getting sporty. Not impossible but might not be pleasant. especially if we see the 30Klm/hr gusts.
  9. sronza

Erie Winds

10. F7C3DA16-F8CA-44BC-8F7C-0192902A4A49.png

F7C3DA16-F8CA-44BC-8F7C-0192902A4A49.png

11. sronza

Erie Winds

12. 3FFEF804-73E0-48A5-9D07-AF8BA91C9492.png

3FFEF804-73E0-48A5-9D07-AF8BA91C9492.png

13. sronza

Erie Winds

Not overthinking.i drive from 3 hours away and this is how i do it. I don't have the option of looking out the window to plan my trip. With that in mind. Remeber that this conversation was started on a better way to plan a trip to lake Erie. For those of us that make the hike.
  14. sronza

Erie Winds

So here is my prediction.…… weather network says as of friday at 5:34pm. Sunny with 14klm/hr wind. to me = max wind around noon 14knts. Gusting up to 23knts. Therefore we may see sustained winds in the afternoon of 23knts. this will occur when the winds build in the early afternoon. So my...
  15. sronza

Erie Winds

I fish both Erie and Ontario. I have developed a reliable wind prediction procedure that works for me. Check wind strength predictions on weather network , marine forecast for lakes Ontario and or erie. When they predict wind in klm/hr. Make that knots and its almost always correct. So if...
  16. sronza

Quinte

I live in Trenton. I fished the opener and yes the walleye have spawned. The river was full of good fish. They’ve made their way out into the bay by now though. So bottom bouncing would be a good place to start. You can fish directly out of Belleville or head east a bit. Try different depths etc.
  17. sronza

Off Topic Leamington this sat.

Didn’t fish out of leamington. Went out of Erieau. 3 walleye and couldn’t keep big sheep off the lines. I’ve never caught so many big farm animals.
  18. sronza

Off Topic Leamington this sat.

Leamington this sat. I am planning a trip to leamington to pick up some boat parts. This will occur Saturday. I’ve never fished out of leamington. I’m going to bring my boat. Any suggestions. Walleye of coarse. I don’t need gps coordinates just a place to start. Thanks in advance.
  19. sronza

Walleye Rigger Rod Advice Wanted

I fish Lake Erie walleye and Lake Ontario salmon. My favourite setup for both has become an ugly stick 6-7 ft range from can tire. I use okuma 15-20 size convectors. This set up has become my go to on all lines. Including planner boards. I run 8 rods at times.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks