Quinte

Boltzz

I know this is a Long Point forum but I thought I would ask the question since so many on this site spend so much time on the water. Does anyone have any tips for the Bay of Quinte for me? My son and I typically spend the May long weekend in the Tamagami area however as of last Sunday everything was still frozen so we are heading to Quinte. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? We are going to stay in Belleville but likely drop the boat in Desoronto. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

we use 1/2 oz 1oz and 2oz bottom bouncers with worm harnesses at a dead slow troll.just ticking bottom occasionally.you'll need lots of worms as small perch are plentyfull.

We were at Mohawk Bay just east of
Desoronwto.
We used green blade worm harness with a couple of split shots to keep it down. Used the electric trolling motor at 1.1 mph. Wanted to go to Hay Bay but we were camping and catch walleye in front of the camp.

Was there last weekend. Had lots s of success at long reach. Straight out from Desoronto, between power lines and the big red barn. Slow, bottom bouncers with worm harnesses.

Attachments

• ADF03827-48A9-425B-B101-F104988B03E4.jpeg
    ADF03827-48A9-425B-B101-F104988B03E4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • B33DE821-87E8-432C-9777-56828317C7E9.jpeg
    B33DE821-87E8-432C-9777-56828317C7E9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
I grew up down there. I was talking to my step brother last weekend, walleye are still spawning I guess the opener sucked. Worm harnesses to cover ground then vertical jigging when you find them with live bait. Casting into the shallows near weedlines is another option, lots of pike though. Bring lots of bait lol good luck.

I live in Trenton. I fished the opener and yes the walleye have spawned. The river was full of good fish. They’ve made their way out into the bay by now though. So bottom bouncing would be a good place to start. You can fish directly out of Belleville or head east a bit. Try different depths etc.

Thanks Sronza. Let me know if you are going to be out on the weekend. Maybe we can meet up to trade tips.

Got one nice eating size Pic today. Got off to a late start on the water but early start to the day. Heading out at first light tomorrow so hopefully we limit out.

Ended up bringing 6 nice eaters home. Threw a few back and caught way to many small perch and silver bass.

I have to say the people at the ramp in Desoronto were fantastic. I am not sure if it was my smiling face or the fact that I had my 15 year old with me but everyone was offering us pointers and directions on where to start. I don't think they caught any less by sharing their tips with us. I hope I can repay the favour at a ramp in this area someday.

Great area to fish. Already planning the next trip.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks