Dipsey question / report

sronza

Did well last monday straight out 60ft. Biggest 10lbs all on body baits.
Something unusual happened while running #1 dipsey on 3 setting. I had been running same lure 2 days straight. 125 ft back. 2.5 mph steady. Rod bounced as if to indicate strike. Brought line in. No fish. Hmmmmmm. Lure hooks had multiple zebra muscles Attached. I don’t believe the lure could have ran on bottom. So what did it hit a log or something. Anyone else have this happen.

If you run slowly because of waves and wind (without meaning to like a motion stall) your dipsy will sink like a stone and then rise back to where you figure you were running when your speed returns to setting and if it got to bottom likely pick up some stuff.

Have had it happen to me.

Did well last monday straight out 60ft. Biggest 10lbs all on body baits.
Something unusual happened while running #1 dipsey on 3 setting. I had been running same lure 2 days straight. 125 ft back. 2.5 mph steady. Rod bounced as if to indicate strike. Brought line in. No fish. Hmmmmmm. Lure hooks had multiple zebra muscles Attached. I don’t believe the lure could have ran on bottom. So what did it hit a log or something. Anyone else have this happen.
Screw on bottom come loose and the weight goes passed the half it’s supposed to be on
Causes the dipsy to flip

I experienced this last year

Agree with above. Happened to me a few times this year while really getting pushed around in waves or really sharp turns.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks