Recent content by cmac

1. C

Off Topic Outboard motor repair, London/St. Thomas area

Double D, you know, when you are staring 70 y.o.a. in the face, certain thing just don't work like they used to. The mind and eye sight! I didn't even see this post when I when I put S.O.S.'s info on here. :shame:
  2. C

Off Topic Outboard motor repair, London/St. Thomas area

The guy's name is Frank Sauder and has 20+ years experience on out boards, repair, rebuilding and service. Spoke to him on a few occasions and seems very knowledgeable and accommodating. He is located at 220 Edward St., St. Thomas. unit 9. Right at the corner ( Edward/Sparling) in the same...
  3. C

Off Topic boat led flood lights?

Mounted a pair of white ( 6000k/6500Lm) led's to the bow for my 17' when I used to frequent the Pickerel river in Port Loring. They were fantastic under normal night conditions however, in a foggy environment, they made visibility much worse, just like hitting your high beams in the fog, can't...
  4. C

Any Port Bruce or Burwell Reports from Friday Sept 29?

Left Burwell at 6:30, nice blanket of fog. Saw many boats at 40ish fow. Marked nothing. Went to 50', dropped lines managed 2 between 50' and 52' but still marked next to nothing. Trolled to 63' and picked up another 8. Called it a day and will head out again tomorrow. Went down Friday night and...
  5. C

Fires

This just west of the homestead near Radium. Was quiet til the winds got her going again Not as bad as Kelowna but could change quickly. We are on evac alert right now. Just a bad situation all over. Thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
  6. 1000000655.jpg

1000000655.jpg

7. C

Off Topic Out-Of-Water Marine Survey

Most surveyor's want the boat out of water to inspect for hull issues' among other things. I had my survey done by Capt. Scotty from Windsor way. He came to St. Thomas to do it and spent the better part of the entire morning inspecting every single square cm. of the boat, inside and...
  8. C

Fishing Report Port Stanley morning July 23rd

Derek, I was down there about 6:20 and there were very few parking spots left with many boats waiting and many more on the way down. The lake looked so good, I thought of going back and bringing the boat down but even with a season's pass, I would not have had a place to park. Glad you did well...
  9. C

Fishing Report Stanley Smashfest 7/22

Worked with Josh several times on this, including a real time phone call with Steve from Lowrance. Still, never looked like Bigspooner's "Dream Screen"... that's crazy man!
  10. C

Fishing Report Stanley Smashfest 7/22

WOW! My Lowrance screen never looked like that even if I painted the echo's on with a magic marker! Now that's the way ya fill a box. Good on ya Bigspooner. Doing a one way trip to the East Coast in a couple of days so maybe my Lowrance will respond better to salt water.🤣
  11. C

Fishing Report Stanley july 19

Red, at least I didn't damage the ramp! They have repaired/replaced the "cushions" a few times this season already. I'll be taking it to Yarmouth or Jaffa today for re-weld and be done with it. Lol.
  12. C

Fishing Report Stanley july 19

2 man limit best action was in 66' to 69' around the bouy.3.0 - 3.4 best speed. Greasy chicken took all. Many throw backs on the way to 66'. No junk, all eyes. Lost some nice ones at the boat. Dipsy #1 @ 3 setting 120 and 140 back. The crappy part was when I was retrieving the boat, I clipped...
  13. 1000000591.jpg

1000000591.jpg

14. 1000000590.jpg

1000000590.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks