Recent content by Buddy Boy

1. B

Dr Dave Ankney "Canvasbacksca" passes away

Hello Duck Soup, The following is a copy of my letter to Dave and Sandi that was posted in the "Tribute to Dr. Dave Ankney" within the Long Point Waterfowl web site on February 13, 2013. Hello Dave and Sandi, I just read about your health issues in the recent Long Point Waterfowl update this...
  2. B

Norfolk Delta Waterfowl Banquet

Hello Stomp, Brody Thompson responded to my offer on his thread and he will drop by to pick one Tundra Swan decoy up for the Delta Waterfowl fund raiser. Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.
  3. B

Norfolk Delta Waterfowl Banquet

Hello Stomp, I purchased some additional Tundra Swan decoys from Canadian Waterfowl Supplies this past year for donation to the various 2013 waterfowl fund raisers. I am willing to donate a Tundra Swan decoy (value of about $40.00 each) each year to the various waterfowl organizations (Ducks...
  4. B

Upcoming Banquet

Hello Cornfed, I purchased some additional Tundra Swan decoys from Canadian Waterfowl Supplies this past year for donation to the various 2013 waterfowl fund raisers. I am willing to donate a Tundra Swan decoy (value of about $40.00 each) each year to the various waterfowl organizations (Ducks...
  5. B

boat recovery help

Hello Ron and Allan, The temperatures have been mild all week and are going up even more later this week ... 9 degrees by Friday! You may have an opportunity by this weekend. I will let you know as soon as I see that the area in question has some open water. The boat launch at Big Creek is...
  6. B

Ice at Long Point - 1212

Hello OCLP, Thank you for the information ... I will check that out. Jerome
  7. B

More "Walk Out" Blinds for 2013

Hello Jello, Yes I am sure. I went out to Blind 41 and Blind 43 in 2010 to check them out and they both had a nice, flat, hard, sand bottom. I rented Blind 43 in 2011 and when I went out to set my decoys (before sunrise) I walked right into a pit ... rather than having a few inches of water...
  8. B

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Hello Guys, As I reported earlier today under my "Ice at Long Point" thread: That open area within the Inner Bay that I had previously mentioned has greatly enlarged over the last two days ... it now looks like a large arear near Booth's Harbour is open east to the Turkey Point marsh and all...
  9. B

Hello Jello, I was out at Blind 43 twice last season (2011) and it was fine as they had dug a pond there. The problem that I found was that after the teal "move out" Blind 41 and Blind 43 are not too productive. Jerome
  10. B

Ice at Long Point - 1212

Hello Guys, That open area within the Inner Bay that I had previously mentioned has greatly enlarged over the last two days ... it now looks like a large arear near Booth's Harbour is open east to the Turkey Point marsh and all the way out to EC 10 and beyond. I can also see what looks like...
  11. B

Hello Guys, I know that this suggestion may be a bit late to present to the Board of Directors but I would be interested in your comments. As I was recovering from a bout of the flu earlier this week I spent some time reflecting on what we have and how we could improve on what we have here at...
  12. B

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Hello Binkley and Kicks, I agree with Binkley about the Buffleheads in that they taste okay if they are cooked right. They are also easy to skin. I agree with Kicks about the Buffleheads in that they do decoy even while I have been retrieving another duck. They do however make good live...
  13. B

Down with old crows against change

Hello OCLP, Yes I am ... as per the testimony provided by two witnesses at the Federal Court House on University Avenue in Toronto back in 2002. By the way ... there is not a "cut,copy & paste" option on the computer ... there is a "cut and paste" option and a "copy and paste" option. Jerome
  14. B

Ice at Long Point - 1212

Hello Riverduck, I have spent the last two days digging out from the snow so I am not sure about the ice conditions at the Howey boat launch. However I would imagine that nobody is plowing the road from the gate at the end of Howey Avenue to the boat launch. Furthermore if there was still any...
  15. B

Down with old crows against change

Hello Fiddlesticks, I always review my posts for grammatical (note the spelling) and typographical errors before I post them. I then review them a second time after they are posted to check the format and to review again for grammatical and typographical errors. Fault me if you wish but I at...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks