still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Hello Guys,

Just an update on my post from the morning of December 22.

Although there was little (if any) ice around at the time that I prepared my post the ice did start forming later in the morning along the shoreline and extending out 25 to 50 yards in spots.

The good news is that I saw plenty of birds ... especially divers ... in the Inner Bay. Again not as many as last year but pretty close to last year's average daily sightings for this time of the year.

It was cold last night so there is some more ice forming out there but it is not very thick.

I will try to take a look at the Howey boat launch later this afternoon and report back.

Jerome

Well I think my season has come to an end. If I could still hunt geese in Brant and Norfolk I'd still giver. Was thinking of going to river but have a feeling there will be way to many guys to deal with.Well here's to a better 2013 see ya out there.
cheers terry

shooting is still good on the Grand , hammering the greenheads and geese And there are lots of whistlers and buffleheads if you want to shoot **** birds . Another great year winding down but still time to crank a few more limits .

" Thats 12 already ? count them again Larry "

kicks I am assuming that you are hunting in or around dunnville for the buffies I love the taste of them they r not shi$ if you cook them right;)

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Binkley
no hunting between Cayuga and Caledonia and sorry not a chance i would ever shoot a bufflehead and it has nothing to do with the way they taste
they are just stupid they swim in the decoys while the dog retrieves green heads ! Hey you shoot what you want and have fun but they are not for me . Also the gang i hunt with if you shoot anything but a mallard after thanksgiving you leave yourself open to be made fun of !

" Thats 12 already ? count them again Larry "

Hello Binkley and Kicks,

I agree with Binkley about the Buffleheads in that they taste okay if they are cooked right. They are also easy to skin.

I agree with Kicks about the Buffleheads in that they do decoy even while I have been retrieving another duck. They do however make good live confidence decoys if you just leave them be.

Jerome

still lots of birds on the outer bay if you wanna put in the effort to get to them,
Kicks ive seen you shoot ruddies, thats worse then shooting a buffie.

Hello Guys,

As I reported earlier today under my "Ice at Long Point" thread:

That open area within the Inner Bay that I had previously mentioned has greatly enlarged over the last two days ... it now looks like a large arear near Booth's Harbour is open east to the Turkey Point marsh and all the way out to EC 10 and beyond. I can also see what looks like "icebergs" further out there.

I saw plenty of birds out there this morning flying over the water as well as rafted up ... hugh rafts of ducks!

Some of the open water appears to extend to the northern edge of the LPWMU but how you would get out there is another question.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks