Recent content by Bucketsoff

1. B

Minnows??

You are 100% legal to buy bait from a licensed seller and move them as long as bait is legal where you are fishing, from what I understand.
  2. B

Minnows??

Angling Sports has lots of Emerald Shiners today.
  3. B

Lost Fishpond Waterproof Sling Bag

Long shot, I'm sure it's gone... I lost a Fishpond sling pack full of flies on upper Big Creek north of Delhi. I'd sure like it back. Bag is pricey and contained lots of my favourite streamers, many tied by a customer at the shop I work at. Case of beer will be provided to anyone who can return...
  4. B

Trolling beginner needing Dipsy rod opinion

Those short lake trolling rods aren't beefy enough to pull Sz 1 pucks. I'd suggest stepping up to the Dipsy Rod line in that Okuma series. You risk breaking your gear at higher speeds and in wavy conditions, especially if you get some Steelies going.
  5. B

Fishing Report Port Bruce Perch - Oct. 26th

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Catfish Creek been closed to trout anglers since the end of September?
  6. B

Wildwood Lake

fishin fool is indeed correct as per park staff...
  7. B

Float reel bearings in London

Canada Bearings in London can fit bearings for anything. We send customers there.
  8. B

Lake Erie Perch, Walleye Limits for 2017.

Fresh fish is better anyways right? You can load 100 perch in your freezer as caught by one person. Times that by the legal anglers contributing in your house, and you have plenty for any fish fry party you'd like to have. Keep catching, keep eating, and make sure you stock your freezer legally...
  9. B

Kayak fishing

I've had the same experience there. Lots of fish marked in the hole under the bridge, lots of fish disturbed up on the flat. I'd bet most are carp and suckers, though there are lots of pike (closed as of yesterday in Zone 16 but still open in the bay and out for Lake Erie) and trout is open all...
  10. B

Rondeau Bay is Bass haven

Went Wednesday got well over 50 between 3 and 10pm. Boated two 5lb, 4 4lb and many 2-3.5lb fish. Can't even really remember a small one. Fished through one long downpour and spent another one in the truck waiting for the lightning to pass. Probably would have fished longer, but the dusk...
  11. B

No minnows for Bruce derby

Getting up at 630 to go fishing is sleeping in 2 hours late LOL!
  12. B

Lake Nipissing

We go to the French, the last section from the dams down to the mouth. So I can't speak for the lake. But we have essentially given up on conventional tactics for bigger walleye, because we throw jerkbaits for pike all day and usually get 2-3 overslot walleye doing this per day. Then, at night...
  13. B

Fishing Report Burwell Cats are Back

Yes cats are in. Been averaging double digits lately with two guys in the boat. Put a lot of fish over 15lbs in the net in the last couple of weeks. They are very scattered unless you hit a pod coming off the lake. Then you'll have some fun. Water is warming alarmingly fast their movements are...
  14. B

Rock Bass

great eating too just be ready to sharpen your knife a lot and have your hands beat to hell
  15. B

Rock Bass

no off season
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks