Fishing Report Port Bruce Perch - Oct. 26th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Wow got a first hand look this morning at what the lake looked like after those 39 knot winds with 21 ft. waves. It was mud brown all the way to 60 ft. and I've never seen that before that I can remember. It was still slightly murky even at 65 ft. where we started to fish for perch. I marked a lot of perch in 55 ft. last Friday but zip there this morning. Was sorry I didn't bring any walleye tackle because still marking lots of walleye in 65 fow down around 40 ft. Anyhow for the perch, didn't mark much and didn't catch much. Only had salties because NEM doesn't carry minnows this late in the season. Only caught 20 perch but almost all were 11-12 1/2 inches so enough for 2 or 3 good feeds. It turned out to be a pretty nice day to be on the water just the same. :happy:

IMG_1246.JPG

bruce2.jpg

bruce.jpg

Last edited:
Wow made it out too 63 ft. Muddy not even a gobbie..last few weeks been fishing 57 ft and all big perch.was fishing beside the tug west.of port yesterday water was too dirty .how many ft of water did ya get those in ?

Wow made it out too 63 ft. Muddy not even a gobbie..last few weeks been fishing 57 ft and all big perch.was fishing beside the tug west.of port yesterday water was too dirty .how many ft of water did ya get those in ?

I got them in 65 ft. and think I should have gone the extra few miles to 68 ft. as it probably was where the majority went. I know you did well the other day in 55 ft. but marked nothing until 65 ft. where the water was finally clearer on Thursday. Those 21 ft. waves Tuesday night really beat that lake up bad! Hope to get another shot at them before I winterize the boat.

Well Bob, 20 11-1/2 inchers is pretty darn good. My boat's now in storage and we may get out with Albert's but the downside of having a boat that fits in the garage is greater limits on where you can safely go. Anyways, always nice to read about the experiences of others.

Well Bob, 20 11-1/2 inchers is pretty darn good. My boat's now in storage and we may get out with Albert's but the downside of having a boat that fits in the garage is greater limits on where you can safely go. Anyways, always nice to read about the experiences of others.

After looking at the 7 day forecast this morning I decided time to winterize my boat this week as well.
It was a great walleye season for sure Arnie and I hope the perch return in better numbers for 2018.
The next time I get out fishing will probably be in Florida in March which isn't the best at that time of year on the gulf coast.
May get out before that for some ice fishing if we actually get some this year. :D
Winter well and Lord willing both of us will still be around to enjoy another season.
I lost my best friend I've had for 63 years just a few weeks ago so at our age you never know.

Sorry about your loss ..fishing bubbies are soo close !!.. The perch are there just deeper than years past deepest ive fished for them in my life ..pic fishing like the 80's..next few years will be the best too come !!!One last shot tmm north winds and lots of salties and warm cloths ..

Last edited:
Hey Water Wolf,I still owe U a fishin trip on LP Bay this fall! I'm on holidays for another week & if weather permits we can chase sum perch & pike!!!⚓⚓⚓

7857507E-4F7E-46E5-AB03-6B3FBE87D4EB.jpeg 1CCC8FCC-BBEC-4F50-9FDA-4D1CDDAFBB6B.jpeg 7FFE0CA8-9F2E-442A-9DDB-5D6B9B62E968.jpeg Yeah buddy. I’m on days with no chance of time off this week coming up but the week after I’m off for deer hunting but want to hit the bay one day maybe then if your free one day. These guys on the thread here got me itchin for perch in a bad way and some good pike. I was out fishing the Catfish by Springwater last weekend and got into some little pike. They’re fun but not the trout I was after.

View attachment 6872 View attachment 6873 View attachment 6874 Yeah buddy. I’m on days with no chance of time off this week coming up but the week after I’m off for deer hunting but want to hit the bay one day maybe then if your free one day. These guys on the thread here got me itchin for perch in a bad way and some good pike. I was out fishing the Catfish by Springwater last weekend and got into some little pike. They’re fun but not the trout I was after.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Catfish Creek been closed to trout anglers since the end of September?

Yup, trout was closed Sept 30th....I just love it when people incriminate themselves :D lol

Josh

There are areas in zone 16 that are still open per the additional zone 16 fishing opportunities: Where he said he was fishing, springwater is not one of them.

Brook Trout open all year
Bells Lake - Grey County

Rainbow Trout open all year, S - 5, C - 2 Allan Park Trout Pond - Bentinck Twp. Rainbow Trout and Brown Trout open all year, S - 5, C - 2 Big Creek - Walsingham Twp., downstream from Regional Road 21 to Long Point Bay of Lake Erie. North Thames River (main branch only) - Middlesex County

Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Pacific Salmon and Atlantic Salmon extended fall season (4th Sat. in Apr. to Dec. 31)

Bayfield River - Goderich and Stanley Twps. from Hwy. 4 to the downstream side of the Hwy. 21 bridge (Huron County). Beaver River - Collingwood Twp. from the Thornbury Dam to Georgian Bay (Grey County). Big Creek - Walsingham Twp., south of the Quance Dam to Regional Road 21 at Lynedoch. Big Otter Creek - Bayham Twp. (Elgin County). Bighead River - St. Vincent Twp. (Grey County). Bronte Creek - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2 upstream to the south side of Hwy. 407.

Credit River and tributaries - from the south side of Britannia Road in the City of Mississauga upstream to the south side of the Hwy. 407 Bridge in the City of Brampton. Don River and tributaries - upstream from Eglinton Ave. in the City of Toronto to the south side of Hwy. 407 in the Regional Municipality of York. Grand River - from a line across the Grand River in Paris at 100 m (328 ft.) downstream of the Hwy. 2 bridge to the edge of Lake Erie (see exceptions for catch and possession limits).

Hog Creek - Tay Twp. from the C.P.R. bridge (Lot 10, Conc. 6) downstream (north) to Georgian Bay (Simcoe County). Humber River and tributaries - upstream from Eglinton Ave. in the City of Toronto to the south side of the Hwy. 407 bridge in the Regional Municipality of York. Little Otter Creek - East branch of Big Otter Creek in Bayham Twp. Little Sauble River - Bruce Twp. from Hwy. 21 to Lake Huron (Bruce County) Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Pacific Salmon and Atlantic Salmon extended fall season (4th Sat. in Apr. to Dec. 31)

Maitland River - Colborne, Goderich, Hullett, East and West Wawanosh, Turnberry twps. between County Road 4 and the downstream side of the Hwy. 21 bridge (Huron County). Nine Mile (Lucknow) River - Ashfield and West Wawanosh Twps. between County Road 86 and Lake Huron. North Creek - Middleton Twp. downstream of Hwy 3.

Rouge River - from Hwy. 2 in the City of Toronto upstream to the south side of Hwy. 407 in the Town of Markham. Sauble River - Amabel Twp. from the lowest ledge of Sauble Falls 440 m (1,443 ft.) downstream to a line drawn perpendicular to the river’s current. Saugeen River - Arran, Amabel, Brant, Elderslie and Saugeen Twps. and in the Town of Walkerton and the Village of Paisley, between the Truax Dam (Walkerton) and the westerly edge of the concrete abutments downstream of Denny's Dam.

Sixteen Mile Creek (Oakville Creek) and tributaries - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2 upstream to the south side of Hwy. 407. Sturgeon River and tributaries - Tay and OroMedonte Twps. (Simcoe County) - including the mouth of the Sturgeon River at Georgian Bay. Young’s Creek - from the dam on Lot 23, Conc. III to the downstream side of the Front Road bridge.

Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Pacific Salmon and Atlantic Salmon open all year

Black Creek - City of Nanticoke from Hwy. 3 to the junction with the Lynn River. Bronte Creek - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2 to Lake Ontario. Credit River and tributaries - City of Mississauga from the south side of Hwy. 403 bridge downstream to Lake Ontario. Don River and tributaries – City of Toronto from Lake Ontario upstream to Eglinton Avenue. Fifteen Mile Creek - City of St. Catharines and town of Lincoln between the Queen Elizabeth Way and Lake Ontario. Forty Mile Creek - Town of Grimsby between the Queen Elizabeth Way and Lake Ontario. Grindstone Creek - City of Burlington from Hwy. 2 (Plains Road) to Hamilton Harbour of Lake Ontario - City of Hamilton and Region of Halton.

Highland Creek - City of Toronto from the downstream edge of the Hwy. 2 (Kingston Road) bridge to Lake Ontario. Humber River - City of Toronto between Eglinton Ave. and Lake Ontario. Nottawasaga River - from the Boyne River downstream (north) to Georgian Bay. Rouge River - City of Toronto between Hwy. 2 and Lake Ontario. Sixteen Mile (Oakville) Creek - Town of Oakville from Hwy. 2 to Lake Ontario. Sixteen Mile Creek - Town of Lincoln between the Queen Elizabeth Way and Lake Ontario. Spencer Creek - City of Hamilton from Hwy. 102 (Cootes Dr.) to Lake Ontario.

Your correct, trout season is closed in zone 16 with some exceptions. It's pretty clear in the regs!

Well Water Wolf when I take ya out on LB Bay you won't have to worry bout any misinterpretation on seasons! Lmao i have no problem keeping my boat in till freeze up soo we will definitely get out⚓

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 37
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks