Off Topic Playoff time!

Being a Hab fan for 65 + years my youngest son has been really chirping when Leafs were 3 - 1. After game last night he sent me message ITS FORDS FAULT. IF HE HAD LEFT GOLF COURSES CLOSED ALL WOULD BE GOOD IN THE LEAFS WORLD. Lmao
Your son forgot the golden rule when it comes to the Leafs. They're the Leafs........:banghead: and especially in recent years, their history says it's NEVER over with the Leafs until that final horn sounds in any game, especially in the playoffs and you look up at the scoreboard and confirm, yeah they won. :eek: and then do the math to confirm they won 4 games only to come to that crashing realization that once again in a playoff series, had a commanding series lead and blew it.

They did what they did several times this year. Went on a mini winning streak, 3-6 games long, then got a little too cocky, found themselves with some untimely injuries and suddenly that winning streak became a losing streak, as long, if not longer, than the previous winning streak they'd been on. This time, it just happened in the playoffs.....again.....We've seen it before and until they finally do something significant about that blue line, their overall defensive play, and to a certain degree their goaltending, which all three aspects were better this year, but not good enough, we're going to continue to see this happen with the Leafs. I also think they need to get BIGGER up front despite bringing in Thornton, Nash, Foligno and Simmonds. They had a better than expected regular season, and blew it in the playoffs.....AGAIN.:inpain: Why or how is the same answer......because they're the Leafs. GO LEAFS GO.;):)

Last edited:
Now that the Leafs are done tho, I won't be "rushing" home to watch a hockey game if I'm out fishin. Remember, I only have 2 seasons in my world. Hockey season and fishin season. Hockey season ends when the Leafs are done. Ironically, fishing season for me "officially" starts when the Leafs are done, even though like baseball and football those seasons might overlap a little. So, with the Leafs done, my fishing season has officially started and as usual, it'll be over end of Sept.

Here fishy fishy🎣🎣🎣:)

your luck the fishy fishy will be on the golf course with the Leafs :ROFLMAO:
I've done well since 2017 Gord. Whether out with Tailfeathers or Wave Runner or just sitting on the pier, (counting the 4 I've thrown back because they were to small this year so far,) I've caught 490 yellow perch, and put 354 of them +42 walleye and 6 rainbows in my freezer in those 4 years. Out of 89 fishing trips (counting the 2 this year) since 2017 I've only been skunked 8 times (although I'm sure I'll get skunked at least once this year, usually happens once or twice every year) I didn't include the catfish, white perch, silver bass, pike, suckers, carp, bowfin, or sheephead in there because well, I don't keep them if I catch'em but I do know how many of'em I've caught. When I'm not catching what I'm after, a fish is a fish.

But then again, I have ALWAYS had better luck fishing than the Leafs have had consistently winning either in the regular season or in the playoffs (when they make the playoffs.):ROFLMAO:

👊 lucky you too bad I'm not even half way to retirement yet otherwise I'd fish everyday the weather would be good👍 enjoy ur day sir.
I should of been fishing today @Fishboss with the great fishing report’s that I have read so far!! Would you believe that I was pulling weeds on our property today,and watering our garden,etc., I should of been fishing!! 😱 lol 😆 😉 Enjoy your day as well,sir. 👍👍🙂

@Red Hering that chore is for kids when the fishing weather is so nice👍 you're not gonna use ur new spoon to dig out weeds instead of trolling are you?😂🤣

@Red Hering that chore is for kids when the fishing weather is so nice👍 you're not gonna use ur new spoon to dig out weeds instead of trolling are you?😂🤣
Definitely not!! @Fishboss LoL 😆 that new spoon will be getting a real workout out on a lake and not digging out weeds in a garden!!😱 Hopefully,it will catch me lots of fish!! 🐟🐟🐟😱 I am counting on you @Fishboss to get me that,”fish catching shiny spoon” my friend!! lol 😂 👊👊 The “shiny” spoon that will catch a lot of walleye’s & rainbow’s as well!! 😉👍👍🙂

Attachments

• FA18CA09-BA5F-47A8-9A7B-62C9BF4395C8.jpeg
    FA18CA09-BA5F-47A8-9A7B-62C9BF4395C8.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 7E1344B6-37CC-461C-BF03-489AE5F01E0A.jpeg
    7E1344B6-37CC-461C-BF03-489AE5F01E0A.jpeg
    621.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 19257B07-6E6B-4632-85BB-EF4E1947CF10.jpeg
    19257B07-6E6B-4632-85BB-EF4E1947CF10.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 8
  • A29D8F03-DB60-409E-9DE4-E00C04BAD94C.jpeg
    A29D8F03-DB60-409E-9DE4-E00C04BAD94C.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D0FD7CB3-80B5-406D-B43B-17040E1BB365.jpeg
    D0FD7CB3-80B5-406D-B43B-17040E1BB365.jpeg
    720.8 KB · Views: 13
I should of been fishing today @Fishboss with the great fishing report’s that I have read so far!! Would you believe that I was pulling weeds on our property today,and watering our garden,etc., I should of been fishing!! 😱 lol 😆 😉 Enjoy your day as well,sir. 👍👍🙂
Part of the reason I didn't go again today is that I was doing the same thing today Red. Grass needed to be cut, had a few weeds to pull, and a few other things to do around here. Tomorrow I have an appt, Thursday mother nature is gonna get in the way, but Friday looks ok, at least it does today, that could change, but as it stands right now, I'll probably go again Friday.

That's a nice load of fish @Red Hering can't wait to start hauling limits of eyes and hopefully some bows👍🎣👊 in a way I'm ok with it that I lost the bet against you it gives me a chance to go lure shopping 🤣
Just need the damn stores to open up, sick of shopping online and by phone...
at least Dixie dairy has a decent selection of stuff to browse when getting worms 😉

Just need the damn stores to open up, sick of shopping online and by phone...
at least Dixie dairy has a decent selection of stuff to browse when getting worms 😉
I agree @Derkd9 Dixie Dairy Bar has a descent selection of stuff,& is a nice stop on the way to or on the way home from fishing from Port Stanley or Port Bruce.🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 477AA7FE-AB90-4753-8F54-6EAA6320AF19.jpeg
    477AA7FE-AB90-4753-8F54-6EAA6320AF19.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 4
  • C22F3D5F-A754-418D-B4CD-B31A62D5FBD1.jpeg
    C22F3D5F-A754-418D-B4CD-B31A62D5FBD1.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 3
  • EC7FCCA4-6D4E-447F-8963-D4F191D9349E.jpeg
    EC7FCCA4-6D4E-447F-8963-D4F191D9349E.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey someone made a bold prediction that the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup in 2067. 💯 Go Leafs Go!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks