Off Topic Playoff time!

@Red Hering is that a hint for me to get your lure from there?🤣🎣
Not necessarily @Fishboss there are a lot of tackle places that sell the Silver Streak lure’s,and the Silver Streak lure’s have such a big selection of colours and sizes. I have quite a few of these lure’s,and it is always a challenge for me 😉👍🙂to decide on which one I will use for that day.What I am trying to say is that there isn’t a bad Silver Streak lure! lol 😂 🤣

@Red Hering I heard sliver streak spoons produce big numbers if you put a Toronto Maple Leaf sticker on em 🤣 seeing as that is the only place you can go inside to buy lures that's where I'll go

@Red Hering I went lure shopping 👍🎣 my daughter picked out ur lure after she heard what your name is plus her favorite color is red and she like Montreal 😤🤣

@Red Hering I went lure shopping 👍🎣 my daughter picked out ur lure after she heard what your name is plus her favorite color is red and she like Montreal 😤🤣
Fantastic @Fishboss about you & your daughter going lure shopping,👍👍🙂and especially your daughter picking out the lure,and her liking the colour red and Montreal!! A triple bonus!! 👍👍👍🙂 I can’t wait to meet up with you when ever it’s convenient,and maybe you are bringing your daughter as well. 👍👍🙂

Attachments

• ABE9DC99-1E4C-4F34-9CCC-F3F448037AC4.jpeg
    ABE9DC99-1E4C-4F34-9CCC-F3F448037AC4.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 6
@Red Hering not sure where you live but if you're in Aylmer tomorrow I'll give you your lure.
@Fishboss I live in London & I wasn’t planning on going to Aylmer tomorrow,but I could let you know,whenever I am going through Aylmer on my way to long point bay,or even Port Bruce on a fishing trip,if that is O.K., with you? We will keep in touch. 👍🙂

Attachments

• EC4B2CDD-1B99-4AF8-8DB9-86B9A7B2AB71.jpeg
    EC4B2CDD-1B99-4AF8-8DB9-86B9A7B2AB71.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 6
Ok sounds good @Red Hering, Dixie has a great selection of sliver streak spoons, I was only gonna buy 2 spoon one for you and one for me, but those bedazzling colors wouldnt let me walk out ended up getting 4 in total😂🎣
lol 😂 @Fishboss 👍🙂 I end up walking out of there every time as well,with more silver streak spoons then I wanted to buy!! Those silver streak spoons are “sooo” 🤩 pretty!! lol 😆 👍🙂

Fantastic @Fishboss about you & your daughter going lure shopping,👍👍🙂and especially your daughter picking out the lure,and her liking the colour red and Montreal!! A triple bonus!! 👍👍👍🙂 I can’t wait to meet up with you when ever it’s convenient,and maybe you are bringing your daughter as well. 👍👍🙂
Hey absolutely since we got back from town, she keeps talking about uncle red👍😂 she is really excited to meet you as well 👊

Only watched the playoffs the last 10 years was never a die hard one team fan just got hooked on close competition so now I am behind team red hopefully they make it far might take some heat off the leaf team lot's of big money on some other teams to lure the player's and Toronto falls behind I believe in that department sad the player's have to wear a disguise instead of signing autographs

as long as a Canadian born player gets to hoist the cup I’m happy
Which will happen no matter who wins! 😃 😉
IF the Habs win it and IF they players are each allowed to bring it to their hometown like they have in past years, that'll mean the Stanley Cup would be coming to London. (Nick Suzuki) But I don't think London needs to plan for that day. As much as I'd like to see a Canadian based team win the Stanley Cup, (well any Canadian based team BUT Montreal.) and as much as I'd love to see Winnipeg come back on Montreal like Montreal did to the Leafs, even if they do, I don't see either remaining Canadian based team defeating any of the remaining American based teams. Watching the games, the American based teams are all playing at a different level and with a much different style than any of the Canadian teams did this year. More hitting, more pressure on the forecheck, they're all better defensively than any Canadian team is playing defensively. Fast, accurate tape to tape passes Now, all that said, Montreal does have that two things that no other team has. 1) They have Carey Price and he's playing like he's "the best goaltender in the world today" and 2) NOBODY (other than Habs fans) expected or expects Montreal to do well in these playoffs and so far, they're using that "underdog" status as a motivator, and it's working, and has been since they fell behind the Leafs 3 gms to 1. The Habs have surprised me in the past, and cost me a lot of money in the process, so I learned a long time ago after that, (1986 when they won it) even though I'll never put money on the Habs, I'll also never bet against them in the playoffs.

Definitely would have loved Thornton to bring the cup home to St. Thomas tho 😉

After watching the Avs/Knights game the Habs/Jets game seemed totally subpar and boring in comparison. They are playing on level far above the Canadian teams that's for sure. Doesn't seem like a Canadian team will ever win the cup again.

After watching the Avs/Knights game the Habs/Jets game seemed totally subpar and boring in comparison. They are playing on level far above the Canadian teams that's for sure. Doesn't seem like a Canadian team will ever win the cup again.
As long as Bettman is around, you're probably right Bob. How many Canadian markets under him as commissioner has the NHL said no to for expansion while saying yes to those hockey hotbed markets in the US? Tampa. Ok they've won the Cup twice. Florida. Been to the final. Carolina won it. Dallas has won it. Colorado won it twice. San Jose. Nashville. Anaheim and especially Arizona. BUT when those teams haven't been doing well, or they outright suck, it's crickets in the stands. They were used to no fans at the games throughout most of the Covid era because before it showed up, when they sucked, or the local MLB team or NFL team was doing better, and there was a baseball or football game at the same time, NOBODY was at the hockey games. That would NEVER happen in any Canadian city, but Bettman in all his wisdom refuses to allow expansion into REAL hockey markets here in this country, and no he didn't "expand" into Winnipeg, he allowed a failed franchise in Atlanta (second time that city couldn't sustain an NHL team) to move to Canadian city that once was home to an NHL franchise, (the now aforementioned Arizona franchise) and because Winnipeg has already lost their franchise once, there is no way they're going to let it happen again. I'm fairly certain that the same would happen IF Bettman would allow Quebec City to have a franchise again, and who wouldn't like to see a regional/provincial rivalry between Montreal and Quebec again. Who wouldn't like to see Halifax with a team. Or Saskatoon, Regina, Hamilton, even London could potentially sustain an NHL team because of the regional proximity to the smaller cities and towns around London. Never gonna happen tho, especially with Bettman calling most of the shots, and teams like Toronto, Detroit, and Buffalo close enough to make the argument against it. (they'll complain about the impact on their revenue like they did the last time Hamilton was trying to get a team.)

Sorry :sorry: @Red Hering about my comment above but one consolation is your Habs were the last Canadian team to win it.👍 However, that was way back in 1993... 28 years ago seems like forever. That is until you think of the Leafs who last won it 33 years into the last century for Pete's sake. 😬 Now that is FOREVER! 😁

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks