Off Topic Playoff time!

I am sitting (at times) with my Great Nephew, Dyson, who is an athlete and watching every sporting event on TV simultaneously.

I'm starting to get a little dizzy, and somewhat confused. :oops::eek:🤪

Had the Leafs showed up and played every game of this series like they did games 2, 3, and 4, especially games 2 and 4, they'd have won this series easily, but they didn't, in fact they looked like they forgot HOW to play. The Leafs more often than not couldn't make a tape to tape pass in those final 3 games. They weren't ready at the drop of the puck at the start of games 5, 6 and 7, and it showed. They competed better tonight, but it was still just good enough to lose.....again, and they deserved to lose, again.

After they went down 3-1 in the series, the Habs were simply the better team. Better passing. Better fore check. Better special teams. Better defensively. Better goaltending. They took a page out of the playbook of Washington, Boston twice, and Columbus last year. They heavily pressured the Leafs d in their own zone, the Leafs coughed it up. They shut down the Matthews line, and with Tavares out, you do that, you effectively shut down the Leafs, and that is exactly what Montreal did and in the process they wiped that smile in the scrums right off Matthews face. He wasn't having any fun in games 5, 6 or 7 and he wasn't laughing anymore.

Be VERY interesting to see what they do now. You have to figure that after 5 straight years of promising regular seasons and then what they keep calling "Epic" first round brain farts...(I call it something a little more profane) ..they're gonna make some big changes, before next season, whenever it starts. GO LEAFS GO.

Attachments

• GO LEAFS GO.JPG
    GO LEAFS GO.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 0
Had the Leafs showed up and played every game of this series like they did games 2, 3, and 4, especially games 2 and 4, they'd have won this series easily, but they didn't, in fact they looked like they forgot HOW to play. The Leafs more often than not couldn't make a tape to tape pass in those final 3 games. They weren't ready at the drop of the puck at the start of games 5, 6 and 7, and it showed. They competed better tonight, but it was still just good enough to lose.....again, and they deserved to lose, again.

After they went down 3-1 in the series, the Habs were simply the better team. Better passing. Better fore check. Better special teams. Better defensively. Better goaltending. They took a page out of the playbook of Washington, Boston twice, and Columbus last year. They heavily pressured the Leafs d in their own zone, the Leafs coughed it up. They shut down the Matthews line, and with Tavares out, you do that, you effectively shut down the Leafs, and that is exactly what Montreal did and in the process they wiped that smile in the scrums right off Matthews face. He wasn't having any fun in games 5, 6 or 7 and he wasn't laughing anymore.

Be VERY interesting to see what they do now. You have to figure that after 5 straight years of promising regular seasons and then what they keep calling "Epic" first round brain farts...(I call it something a little more profane) ..they're gonna make some big changes, before next season, whenever it starts. GO LEAFS GO.
very interesting indeed

@Red Hering congrats, what lure do you want😤
Thanks @Fishboss and that is “very classy” by you my friend for the congratulations!! 👍👍🙂 Honstly,after the Canadiens fell behind 3:1 in the first round of the playoffs against the Leafs,I thought that they were done,and soon they would be going golfing. Now about the lure,any lure that doesn’t have blue 👎 on it,but just mostly “RED!!” and “shiny!!” 👍👍😉 lol 😂 🤣 All kidding aside, I don’t mind any Silver Streak lure in the mini or regular size,with a “shiny” back on it,😉 and of course, I don’t mind some blue colour on it either,🙂 and thanks again for being a real sport,my friend!! 👊👊 😉 It will be great to meet you,when my shiny new lure arrives. But don’t buy this one,,(last photo),for I just bought it. Have a amazing day my friend & tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• BB68B427-9596-47EA-A548-9186994175DF.jpeg
    BB68B427-9596-47EA-A548-9186994175DF.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 1B8317B3-328B-4BE9-BDF7-62B8167B46E2.jpeg
    1B8317B3-328B-4BE9-BDF7-62B8167B46E2.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 17
Good thing I didn't watched the game pulled an 18 hr shift instead👍 I probably would have broken something had I watched game. A deal is deal I don't back out I will find a very pretty blue sliver streak spoon🤣 it will be nice to meet you as well.🎣👍

Good thing I didn't watched the game pulled an 18 hr shift instead👍 I probably would have broken something had I watched game. A deal is deal I don't back out I will find a very pretty blue sliver streak spoon🤣 it will be nice to meet you as well.🎣👍
😳 “YIKES!!” 😱 @Fishboss a 18 hour shift is just plain “Crazy!!” Talk later & thanks again my friend,and it’s starting to look like a great day for fishing somewhere for me today,and “catch you later.” 👊👊 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

👊 lucky you too bad I'm not even half way to retirement yet otherwise I'd fish everyday the weather would be good👍 enjoy ur day sir.

I'm thinking of getting him the sliver streak with the maple leafs sticker😂
go for it!!!!

watched the game and I have to laff when they trot the stats of this or that out and quote percentages of likelihood. don't think either team was paying attention. RED congrats on your team winning--were the better team for sure

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks