Off Topic Playoff time!

I've been flippin channels since the playoffs started. So many games on at the same time, but there will only be 1 on my tv tonight. Even though I was 8 at the time, in 1979 I wasn't really old enough to remember the last time the Leafs met Montreal in the playoffs. Win or lose, I'll remember it this time, at least for a little while. GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Attachments

• GO LEAFS GO.JPG
    GO LEAFS GO.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 1
Other than the Tavares injury, it was a good game. Just remember it takes 4 wins to advance. This was just game 1.

As for fishin, I'm hoping to get out next week sometime once my wife's vacation is over and she is back to work and of course, because that's what I'm hopin to be doing, mother nature it appears is going to be difficult. Rain and kinda miserable is in the forecast for early next week.:banghead:

I like em really shiny🤣🎉🏆🏅🥇🏒⛸️
3 more games to go @Fishboss for the Habs to knockout the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs!! 😱 I have already made room in my tackle box for my shiny new lure coming up soon!! 😉 For now, I will keep on fishing & waiting & “GO HABS GO”!! 🏒🥅🥇🏆👍😀

Attachments

• 1A246D24-2BDB-4FE8-BFC7-C9D84FFA9FAC.jpeg
    1A246D24-2BDB-4FE8-BFC7-C9D84FFA9FAC.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 1
How many times do I have to remind you, the Leafs are if nothing else, consistent. They disappoint us, their fan base, consistently EVERY year. They played just well enough to lose last night. That's what they've been doing for years, decades in fact. I didn't see any of the post game interviews, but I'd bet that none of them used the Tavares incident as an excuse. Did it rattle them. Sure it did. It rattled the Habs too, they said as much, but you could also see it while they were attending to him. Seeing Tavares on the ice the way he was, then seeing him fall back the way he did when he tried to get up the first time, that would impact anyone on any team involved in that game, and any fans of either team watching. They'll bring the next man up in to replace him for however long he'll be sidelined, they'll adapt to his absence, make the necessary changes, and if I were a betting man, I'd bet game 2 will be just as good a game as game 1 was, and it'll be another close game. I said it before and I'll say it again. As goes Carey Price, so go the Montreal Canadiens. He played well last night, both goaltenders did, but Carey Price looked like Carey Price does when he's living up to the the label of "best goaltender in the world today." But he's had a bit of a problem this year in being THAT Carey Price with any consistency. Marner gets that one timer he stopped with the blocker a little higher than he did, it's in the back of the net. Didn't happen. Matthews gets that shot exactly where he wanted it when he tried to beat him 5 hole, or when he hit the post, it's in the back of the net. Didn't happen. If the Leafs can figure out their PP and get it working, different game and anyone they play will be in big trouble. Didn't happen last night, but they were winning enough games down the stretch with a terrible power play that they were still able to win the division. Last night was only game 1 in the best of 7. This is a long way from over. I'm expecting this series to go 7 games, I'd be a little surprised if it didn't.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks