Search results

1. M

Kicker mounting ??

I posted a while back about needing help with a kicker. I have a 16.5' Lund with a 60 HP. After reading all the responses I decided and purchased a 6 HP Suzuki. I also built a device similar to I-troll so I can remotely control the throttle. This is the first time I've had/installed a kicker...
  2. M

HELP .. I need a kick!

I'm thinking of finally getting a secondary means of propulsion on my fishing boat. It's a 16'8" Lund Explorer SS and I have a 2005 60HP Yamaha on the back. I keep it in good running condition as it's my only means of power on the water. I fish Erie and am often out 10 to 12 miles, most times by...
  3. M

Port Maitland Sept. 11

Got out 6:45am and setup in 65-68 FOW without marking much. Pulled up and went to 90 FOW netted two nice fish. Pulled lines at 11 am and had fish on three of four lines. I had been checking, maybe not enough?? Out at 4:30 pm and again one fish on the bottom dipsey. Checking lines netted four...
  4. M

How Big To Go??

Looking for opinions and / or experience regarding boat size for Lake Erie. I'm currently using a Lund Adventure 1650SS with a 60HP Yamaha. It's a great boat but too often the winds out of Port Maitland are above 15 KMH which is usually my limit. The boat is okay, I'm not because the boat is...
  5. M

It ain't Erie but it's fishing

Was out a Belwood Lake today for a little ice fishing. Lot's of ice but not so many fish. No one I talked to had any, with only a few hits. Nice day to be out side though.
  6. M

Catch of the Year

I fought this baby for 20 minutes before landing it. Was in the Grand River downstream of Dunnville. Any idea of the species, is there a slot or limit? and how the hell do I cook it??
  7. M

What is it with MY dipsy's ?

I usually always use dipsy's one on each side of my boat. I set them to a "three". Sometimes one goes the proper way and the other doesn't, it goes straight back or worse. Is this due to wind, direction of travel, current?? Anybody have the same issue? thanks
  8. M

Off Topic Battery switches

Finally going to install a second battery in my boat and was wondering what to buy and how it works. I understand the "AFD" rating which I want, but how do I ensure both batteries are charging? Do I have to actually switch the position to "Both" to get both batteries to charge. If I connect two...
  9. M

Mustang inflatable lifejackets

Is anyone else having problems with their Mustang inflatable lifejackets. I bought a pair of "automatic" release about 10 years ago. Had the "ring" break on both jackets recently. The cost of the Co2 cartridges has almost doubled since I first bought them. I just replaced one of the cartridges...
  10. M

Is it worth it?

I'm repowering my Lund Adventure 1650SS from a 60 HP Yamaha to a newer model 70 or 75 HP. I was thinking 75 HP but realized it was 100 lbs heavier than the 70 HP. I fish alone most of the time and wonder if the extra weight in the back will affect the balance or the plane of the boat. Of course...
  11. M

New outboard, Yamaha or Suzuki

Looking to buy a new 70 HP outboard and wondering which motor is preferred, the Yamaha or the Suzuki. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with these? Also, are there preferred dealers / installers in southern Ontario that you've had a good experience with? thanks Mike
  12. M

Off Topic Marine radio MMSI number

I recently purchased a Marine radio with the DSC feature that transmits my location to the Coast Guard at the push of a button. Problem is I can't seem to get in touch with the people to get one. I keep getting voice messages. Has anyone registered their Marine radio for a MMSI number? What do...
  13. M

Port Maitland Sat night

Fished 4pm to dark in 100 FOW, had lots of hits but only 3 hookups. Lost one 30 ft from boat. Using dipseys- 3 setting, 110' & 120". Tried speeds 1.7 to 3.2 mph, seemed to get more action at slower speeds. Still beats watching TV :)
  14. M

Fishing Report Tecumseh Reef depth

Can anyone tell me what the shallowest depth is on the Tecumseh Reef. I remember accidently going over it in my small boat one day at full speed (not knowing about it) and suddenly seeing rocks & the bottom. I freaked and immediately navigated around it at slow speed. Never did go back, but I'd...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks