Mustang inflatable lifejackets

mrozborn

Is anyone else having problems with their Mustang inflatable lifejackets. I bought a pair of "automatic" release about 10 years ago. Had the "ring" break on both jackets recently. The cost of the Co2 cartridges has almost doubled since I first bought them. I just replaced one of the cartridges at the end of the season and thought it would be ready for spring. Just got it out and the "ring" has detached from the cylinder thus firing the Co2 cartridge. I didn't even get to wear it once, this went off in storage. WTF. Don't think I'll buy Mustang again.

Do they have a ten year lifespan like lifejackets and survival suits.Then replacement is law.Correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks.

There is a bobbin that needs to be replaced every 3 years, not the Co2 cartridge. and they're not all the same money. Mustang has certainly jumped ahead. My question though remains unanswered, has anyone had similar experiences with the Co2 cartridge?

Can’t answer your question but does anyone know who has stock of these PDFs?

I have used the Mustangs for about ten years. I have had only 1 ring detach and I fish 30 to 40 days a year. I probably don't always treat them as well as I should so I am happy with their performance.

I have two Auto/Manual lifejackets (not Mustang). One hot, muggy day I opened up the boat only to discover that one vest had inflated. I put it down to the high heat, along with a deteriorating bobbin caused discharge. I now remove vests from boat and during off season I remove the CO2 cartridges.

I got my inflatables a couple of years ago @ Cabela's on sale.

When I was looking for an inflatable life jackets, I read about moisture & dampness setting the auto release off while jackets where in storage. I bought 2 manual versions, I have to pull the cord to inflate. The CO2 cylinder is not punctured until the cord is pulled.

Where can I buy the co2 cartridges? Is there a model number on them that I have to match when buying them?

Hey Tyler, I last ordered direct from Mustang, you can get the model # from the jacket then enter that on their website and they will tell you which recharge kit to use/order.

If you got ten years out of one it owes you nothing. Smoke detectors and co detectors also have a built in lifetime

Hey Tyler, I last ordered direct from Mustang, you can get the model # from the jacket then enter that on their website and they will tell you which recharge kit to use/order.
Thanks a lot surfnturf

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks