Port Maitland Sat night

mrozborn

Fished 4pm to dark in 100 FOW, had lots of hits but only 3 hookups. Lost one 30 ft from boat. Using dipseys- 3 setting, 110' & 120". Tried speeds 1.7 to 3.2 mph, seemed to get more action at slower speeds. Still beats watching TV :)

Was out today from about 2PM until 6PM. Caught 7 on dipseys today. Two early at 60' - 0 setting in about 50fow. And then the rest at 110' out in 84fow. Had most of the action trolling downwind - so closer to 2.6mph. First time fishing out of Maitland and only second time on Erie... will be back!

I was out as well. Started around 3 and fished till 6. Leadcore on boards worked well. 3man limit.
Fishhawk was key! Temp was very very cold below 65’ and speeds were all over the map. To get 2.5 at one point I had to run over 5 mph on gps.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks