Worse case scenario?

Pretty sure this is people being pulled over when driving, and you do have to carry ID.
Of course if you are driving you need a drivers license, but that is not "new" as it is worded in the Norforlk Mayors statement "you are NOW required to carry your ID as per provincial order" <--- false statement

I don’t if I’m out for a walk. Why would I?
But that’s not the point. The mayor is coming off very authoritative. But really is just spreading misinformation.

Mayor, right or wrong, is a authority, don't like our's either, but was granted their tittle threw a elective process. plus, for the new times we are in, you sure carrying a piece of ID is so hard on you?

Spreading misinformation erodes credibility. Loss of credibility reduces ones authority.
I don’t have a problem with ID. I have a problem being told it’s the law when it’s not.

I don’t if I’m out for a walk. Why would I?

I'm not going to chime in on the rest of it and I'm not going to question you on that. That's your choice and who am I to question that right. So I won't.

Instead, what I'll offer is I don't leave the house without my wallet because in my wallet is everything EMS would need to know about me in the event I am alone and something unexpected/unfortunate happens to me and I am unconscious and unable to respond to their questions. (yes that has happened before and this is what they suggested to me in case it ever happened again)

Aside from my ID that'll tell'em who I am, that information also includes:
  • an emergency contact number to contact family.
  • My blood type
  • that I have no known allergies
  • that I have back and hip issues.
  • and who my family doctor is.
Everything else they would probably and likely be able to pull up on the computers at the hospital once they had my name, but when EMS first arrives those things they'd probably want to know right away so it can be relayed to the hospital.

as I’ve said above I don’t have a problem with ID, I have a problem with someone (in a leadership role) saying it’s illegal not to carry ID when that is clearly a reach at best. That being said, I think you and I live in very different comunities, everyone knows who I am, if the police drove through, everyone would be talking about where they went and why they were here... EMS they can’t get in without my neighbour already on scene, my wife and I walk together. She knows who I am and what to tell anyone that needs to know. If we both fall victim to the same meteor that falls out of the sky so be it. Everyone knows who I am, there’s less then 100 ppl in the the whole place... I don’t carry ID. In fact I leave it in my truck, along with my shoes in the late spring, summer and early fall time.

as I’ve said above I don’t have a problem with ID, I have a problem with someone (in a leadership role) saying it’s illegal not to carry ID when that is clearly a reach at best. That being said, I think you and I live in very different comunities, everyone knows who I am, if the police drove through, everyone would be talking about where they went and why they were here... EMS they can’t get in without my neighbour already on scene, my wife and I walk together. She knows who I am and what to tell anyone that needs to know. If we both fall victim to the same meteor that falls out of the sky so be it. Everyone knows who I am, there’s less then 100 ppl in the the whole place... I don’t carry ID. In fact I leave it in my truck, along with my shoes in the late spring, summer and early fall time.

Yeah I live in a "bigger city" now. Used to live in a place where not only did everyone know who you were, they knew what you had for breakfast, that you skipped lunch, and what you were having for supper before you did. LOL.

But when I lived in Yellowknife, I worked with a guy for the better part of 2 years, and neither one of us realized he literally lived in the next unit until we both had the same day off and just happened to be leaving to run an errand at the same time. I usually started my shift at least 3 hours before he started his, and my shift ended a couple hours after his did.

Now, I know the neighbors who live within 3 doors on either side of me. Other than that. Don't know anyone else in this complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks