Worse case scenario?

Minnownite

With fishing currently shut down. Hopefully things are back to fishing by end of May. BUT worst case scenario lets just say no fishing for 2020. Period. Whats that going to do to fish populations? Cant see it effecting hunting as much as thats private property but if they can regulate that then who knows what animal populations are going to do!

worst case scenario is I dont get to put my boat in the water and dont get to fish and sit around the house and my wife kills me before any virus.

Thats about it.
My wife won't kill me, but........she will keep giving me those 'honey do' lists until there truly is nothing left to be done around here, and then she'll have me redoing what I already did just to keep busy LOL.

i'll become a slave to the kitchen making stuff I really don't need/giving stuff to people I really don't like-----and put on so much weight i'll roll into my "fishing" if we ever get one this year

It won't have much impact on fish populations. Every species has good and bad years in terms of spawning success/survival. It would be impossible to notice a difference after just one season with minimal angling pressure, particularly on the great lakes.

Josh

Wait what? Fishing is shut down? By who?

I can self isolate at my cottage with a private ramp.
I hate to start a :poop: storm on this thread, but it has got to the point in some municipalities and the rest will follow suit that authorities have ID and fined people who they deem are making unnecessary trips to secondary properties which your drivers license will prove your "guilt".

I hate to start a :poop: storm on this thread, but it has got to the point in some municipalities and the rest will follow suit that authorities have ID and fined people who they deem are making unnecessary trips to secondary properties which your drivers license will prove your "guilt".
Never heard that..yet... again posing zero risk or threat on a property you pay tax on. Dont think that will stand . Will it get there??? Maybe but have not heard any evidence of anyone getting a fine for accessing their property especially alone. As you read may have read on another thread someone went fishing today. Was this a essential trip ? No but like he said he was alone and posed zero risk or threat and kept his distance.

It is not illegal to leave your home for any reason. Therefore it is not illegal to go any where you want provided you are not trespassing on provincial or municipal land. There are requests to reduce your travel but a request does not make it illegal. They may not like it but there is no fine or charge unless you are not practicing physical distancing, are in a group of more then 5 people or you have recently travelled internationally and you are breaking quarantine.
QUIT WITH THE RUMOURS ALREADY.

As of now government and healthcare asking people to stay away from cottages
No fines are given and that's includes for travel
That may change as people will do it anyway for one reason or another. also talk about road closures my guess is that what will be implemented first to stop the flow
Things can escalate wery quickly in case of defiance of government orders
Unfortunately it is in human nature to flee areas when under threat to safety even if its irrational

You cannot defy an order that has not been given. They are “requesting” people to stay home as much as they can... it’s an ask, nothing more nothing less.

Wait what? Fishing is shut down? By who?
Fishing is not shut down. Public launches , piers, marinas beaches, parks, conversation areas are closed and off limits for now. No grouping in boats. Essentially you can fish if you keep your distance and
It is not illegal to leave your home for any reason. Therefore it is not illegal to go any where you want provided you are not trespassing on provincial or municipal land. There are requests to reduce your travel but a request does not make it illegal. They may not like it but there is no fine or charge unless you are not practicing physical distancing, are in a group of more then 5 people or you have recently travelled internationally and you are breaking quarantine.
QUIT WITH THE RUMOURS ALREADY.
Completely agree. While the last thing we want is to create more risk..
Common sense has to take over at some point. Isolating at your cottage seems reasonable. They are asking not to go so you dont drain the locals of supplies. I will bring my own fuel and supplies no need to see another person. Now it the fish try and social distance

Fishing is not shut down. Public launches , piers, marinas beaches, parks, conversation areas are closed and off limits for now. No grouping in boats. Essentially you can fish if you keep your distance and

Common sense has to take over at some point. Isolating at your cottage seems reasonable. They are asking not to go so you dont drain the locals of supplies. I will bring my own fuel and supplies no need to see another person. Now it the fish try and social distance
I live in cottage country, we have a full house around here, there are more people up here now then most summer weeks. I can’t blame them, it’s why I choose to live here. My boats in the water, moored on my private dock. Ready to fish!

There is an unprecedented amount of "covidnorance" - (thats right you heard it hear first... I coined it)
and an extreme shortage of common sense.

Seems their are 3 types of reactions,
- there are those that say F it, I am going to do what I want no matter what - covididiots (the guys in the boat posted above) They ruin it for the common sense people and empower the covidnorant.

- there are those that use common sense, they look at what the facts are and adjust their ways so that they stop the spread but still live using common sense!
They do yard work, go for walks, bike rides, drives through the country, and maybe even fishing if they have the means! They do all this without ever endangering another person or themselves because they are mindful of the risks. They take precautions to avoid other scenarios where they might encounter other people and if they do encounter other people they adjust and give space.

- there are those that only understand one thing, "stay home" <-- they are covidnorant.
The covidnorant are always right, because they have the government recommendations behind them, they are doing the best thing they know how and they shame and/or question anyone that is not as good as them. Following rules/advice makes them feel good, expressing their wish everyone would do the same makes them feel knowledgeable. They are right, cause they are doing what the officials told them to.

It makes the common sense people question themselves... cause that is what they do as common sense people... but then they analyze the risks and realize common sense always prevails and all risks can be mitigated with proper planning etc... and if they cannot, adjust.

Okay! Let the attacks begin!
:p

Last edited:
My point exactly!
Well an old friends father just passed away at the Anson long term care in Haggersville of covid 19. Not sure if common sense would have changed the outcome but point taken if we all use our commen sense it should help straighten the curve. Problem being there is too many covidiots out there and it will get worse unfortunately.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks