Worse case scenario?

As of now government and healthcare asking people to stay away from cottages
No fines are given and that's includes for travel
That may change as people will do it anyway for one reason or another. also talk about road closures my guess is that what will be

implemented first to stop the flow
Things can escalate wery quickly in case of defiance of government orders

Unfortunately it is in human nature to flee areas when under threat to safety even if its irrational

Uh Trudeau’s wife and kids got to go to his cottage??????

Well an old friends father just passed away at the Anson long term care in Haggersville of covid 19. Not sure if common sense would have changed the outcome but point taken if we all use our commen sense it should help straighten the curve. Problem being there is too many covidiots out there and it will get worse unfortunately.

First off my condolences, very sorry to hear of your friends fathers death.

You misunderstand my comment. OldCutLongpointer was attempting to discredit common sense as a way to keep other people and yourself safe from spreading the virus by using the deaths as an example ... this is a non common sense response.
Which makes my point about covidnorance.

Unfortunatley it has come to almost everything besides putting up concrete barriers to keep people out of the county.
From what i gather, even my parents that live in simcoe but have a place in longpoint (my dads fist house) are not even allowed to spend the night down there. Even for a day trip is questionable, unless it was necesary, which you could easily say you had to check up on things.

Cam, if you are going to post a public order you should at least post the link to the order... anyone could have typed this up on there phone and screenshot it... also what county is this for?

There is an unprecedented amount of "covidnorance" - (thats right you heard it hear first... I coined it)
and an extreme shortage of common sense.

Seems their are 3 types of reactions,
- there are those that say F it, I am going to do what I want no matter what - covididiots (the guys in the boat posted above) They ruin it for the common sense people and empower the covidnorant.

- there are those that use common sense, they look at what the facts are and adjust their ways so that they stop the spread but still live using common sense!
They do yard work, go for walks, bike rides, drives through the country, and maybe even fishing if they have the means! They do all this without ever endangering another person or themselves because they are mindful of the risks. They take precautions to avoid other scenarios where they might encounter other people and if they do encounter other people they adjust and give space.

- there are those that only understand one thing, "stay home" <-- they are covidnorant.
The covidnorant are always right, because they have the government recommendations behind them, they are doing the best thing they know how and they shame and/or question anyone that is not as good as them. Following rules/advice makes them feel good, expressing their wish everyone would do the same makes them feel knowledgeable. They are right, cause they are doing what the officials told them to.

It makes the common sense people question themselves... cause that is what they do as common sense people... but then they analyze the risks and realize common sense always prevails and all risks can be mitigated with proper planning etc... and if they cannot, adjust.

Okay! Let the attacks begin!
:p
It's fair to say at this point all bets are off. Since the Prov. Gov. is allowing the Counties to do as they see fit, this just creates more confusion and rumors.

If common sense prevails during a pandemic, it means basically stay away from other humans PERIOD.
Humans are a funny creature, once they are told not to do something....THEY DO!

Hopefully we re-emerge smarter and stronger.
That is, if we re-emerge.

Cam, if you are going to post a public order you should at least post the link to the order... anyone could have typed this up on there phone and screenshot it... also what county is this for?
Look it up on Snapd haldimand norfolk

Look it up on Snapd haldimand norfolk

Okay, here are the actual orders... it seems the above post is as I suspected a bit of an embellishment.. just the wording is so much more authoritative. Anyhow, that is no different than any other counter for the most part.

I will add no one is required by anyone to carry ID.

Cam is referring to a news release from Norfolk County Mayor, Kristal Chopp and not the one you dug up. Cam's post showed a clip that included who it was from.
And people continue to bash on a "fishing forum".

Today commemorates the battle at Vimmy Ridge, they went forward knowing they would probably die, hero's, and our country was born.
So many here bitch they can't fish, stores have arrow's and line up's, don't have to carry ID, legally they can't do that, use common sense going to my cottage, found a open ramp, should go get C-19 to get the anti bodies, what scientist, so much shit here? lets not leave out saying, you should be ashamed, you'll upset the grand kids talking like this, well sorry, but mine don't read 68, but are taking this shit alot better than you muffin's?
Front line workers, you know, the ones watching folks die, the one's risking their lives, are begging, stay home.
If its a month or year, pull on your big boy pants, and help out here

Yeah dont be haters! Just posting something i read and thaught u would pass along some info. Not saying i agree with any of the orders, i would much rather be social distancing on the water. Just dont want any of my forum friends to get in trouble.

Today commemorates the battle at Vimmy Ridge, they went forward knowing they would probably die, hero's, and our country was born.
So many here bitch they can't fish, stores have arrow's and line up's, don't have to carry ID, legally they can't do that, use common sense going to my cottage, found a open ramp, should go get C-19 to get the anti bodies, what scientist, so much shit here? lets not leave out saying, you should be ashamed, you'll upset the grand kids talking like this, well sorry, but mine don't read 68, but are taking this shit alot better than you muffin's?
Front line workers, you know, the ones watching folks die, the one's risking their lives, are begging, stay home.
If its a month or year, pull on your big boy pants, and help out here
Dont think your getting it . Your government did not lock down. They still need and want people working. I am one of those. Still 6 days a week on front lines so you can keep your lights on buddy. We all understand the risk. However to go to work we need supplies food gas tools etc where do those come from? Space?? Who sells the food and packages it ? Who runs the fuel ? Power? Utilities? Policing? Get it together and look at the big picture. They wanted a half ass lockdown and got it ...nobody here has ri out big boy pants on but the idiots in charge. Again and again isolating is doing your part...using common sense is doing your part... reducing risk and limiting exposure is doing your part....should someone put their boat in with their wife and go out in the middle of lake and isolate for a day I as a front line essential worker dont care ..why would I ? As long as they smart about it... is closing the ramps does make a bit of sence if they cant police it.. there are always stupid ones... as far as front line health care workers my very good paramedic friend took their motorcycle out other day on their day off...again nothing wrong with that... use common sense and preach that.. the world the county the provinces still have to turn..why not cause I said..casue your government did ...and continue to do... as an essential iam back to work Monday..not by chocie casue we have to.. ..

JB, we agree on some shit, but not all. Other hand, you mentioned your keeping the lights on, just wonder what you are doing, and thanks for it. Only ask because I retired after 34yrs of maintaining Ont grid, and if ever required, would go back, hearing line-staff are becoming short due to C19. With storm season just starting, probably a good time for all to be ready for longer power outages.

Yeah dont be haters! Just posting something i read and thaught u would pass along some info. Not saying i agree with any of the orders, i would much rather be social distancing on the water. Just dont want any of my forum friends to get in trouble.

No hate. Just trying to corroborate the info. I still cannot find this any where via google searches. Seems like Norfolk County Mayor, Kristal Chopp is quite the disrupter based on what I have found.

So the carrying id statement is a huge embellishment... nothing has changed really... basically it is the law to correctly identify yourself if question by police if you have committed an offense or suspected of committing an offense... that means not lying about who you are... that has always been illegal...

Here is the statement from the province https://news.ontario.ca/mcscs/en/20...hing-an-emergency-order-during-the-covid.html

This in noway requires anyone to carry ID. Kristal Copp is totally making that shit up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks