Winds Burwell

Hawks 11

Thinking of heading down to Burwell for evening fish. Anyone know wind and wave conditions? Much appreciated
Thanks

Looking at “windy” it sure looks good!!!! Just too far for me on a Sunday. I would take my 17 footer there for sure looking at Windy…

Keep us posted on results and good fishin’!

I thought about going to park on the pier again this afternoon once I got some stuff done around here, but.........wasn't meant to be. o_Oo_Oo_O:wacky:

The boss lady saw that look in my eye when I asked her what SHE wanted to do today. She said she wasn't sure, but VERY QUICKLY followed that with "No..even if all we end up doing is a whole lot of nothing sitting around the house, (which is exactly what we've done) you are NOT going fishing today:mad:!!!"

Thankfully the tv is working again and I found a couple of baseball games to watch. So I'm somewhat entertained. :ROFLMAO:

If I'm not mistaken, she's taking a nap at the moment. :sleep::sleep::sleep::LOL::LOL:

Nice one, Ozzy111. We ended up with 4 nice eyes, after missing a few short strikers on the worm harnesses.

I was out for a good part of the day, further west in front of Port Bruce. Big rollers so it was fishable, just a little uncomfortable. Fished 55-60 with nothing to show for except a couple 'bows. Trolled in and hit a few nice walleye in tight at 38-40 feet

I was out for a good part of the day, further west in front of Port Bruce. Big rollers so it was fishable, just a little uncomfortable. Fished 55-60 with nothing to show for except a couple 'bows. Trolled in and hit a few nice walleye in tight at 38-40 feet
58' was where we were catching them, basically straight out from Burwell

I thought about going to park on the pier again this afternoon once I got some stuff done around here, but.........wasn't meant to be. o_Oo_Oo_O:wacky:

The boss lady saw that look in my eye when I asked her what SHE wanted to do today. She said she wasn't sure, but VERY QUICKLY followed that with "No..even if all we end up doing is a whole lot of nothing sitting around the house, (which is exactly what we've done) you are NOT going fishing today:mad:!!!"

Thankfully the tv is working again and I found a couple of baseball games to watch. So I'm somewhat entertained. :ROFLMAO:

If I'm not mistaken, she's taking a nap at the moment. :sleep::sleep::sleep::LOL::LOL:
Your wife was taking a nap 😴 @Trevor M ?? That was your cue to go Fishing!! Just saying my friend!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

It wasn’t bad today for a east wind this morning
I don't get why people keep saying the long rumored, "east is least, west is best." because I've had some of my best days when it's an east wind and some of my worst when it's been out of the S, W or SW.

Sitting on the pier, I've had some absolutely fantastic days when the wind is blowing out of the E or SE.....A week ago last Thursday as an example. E and SE winds, I came home with 35, best day this year and I've had what for pier fishing, at least in recent years, would be considered by many to be a "stellar year," the best I've had since I started keeping track in 2017, but I've also put in some long days to get there.

But, I've also been out with others, specifically @tailfeathers, when it's been an E, or SE wind and "a lil bit bumpy" in the past, and we've limited out. But I've also been out with him when it's been a S, SW, W, or N wind, and "a lil bit bumpy" and we've limited out then too.

So, whether out in the boat or sittin on a pier, I don't think there's much to that long rumored saying about east being least.

I believe what I was taught when I was a kid. "IF you put your line in the water, and the fish are there and want what you're offering to them, they'll hit it and you'll catch'em. If they aren't or they don't....you won't." But that also means putting in the time and effort, which requires patience, especially if you're perch fishing, whether from a pier or out in a boat. Regardless of wind direction, IF the fish are there and cooperating, we're gonna get'em. If they're not, we won't.

Your wife was taking a nap 😴 @Trevor M ?? That was your cue to go Fishing!! Just saying my friend!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
IF I were to do that, is you willing to put me up on yer couch for a day or two? Didn't think so, Just sayin my friend ;):ROFLMAO:

You see it's like this Red. I do that, I be sleepin in the shed.:nailbiting:

I don't wanna sleep in the shed,😭😭😭😭

because in the shed, there be garbage bins, and in those garbage bins, be these bags, and in them there bags, there be fish guts and carcasses, and used kitty litter, and them fish guts and carcasses and used kitty litter be STINKY, REAL STINKY :sick::sick::sick::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 and I don't wanna smell like THAT.......let alone spend a night with it:nailbiting::nailbiting::wacky::wacky::ROFLMAO:

So I'll have a look at the weather sites I look at, pick a day later in the week, and then let her know I'm GOING on that chosen day and I won't be required to sleep in the shed and I won't have to burn any clothes. 😊

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks