Wind breaking mid next week?

FlyingViking

Looking at winds for Glasgow next week, she’s sitting at 16klm South wind. Thinking of making the long drive with a 16.5 princecraft pro series..

Is 16klm south “borderline” ?

any feedback or “rule of thumb” would be great and kept in ye olde memory bank

Looking at winds for Glasgow next week, she’s sitting at 16klm South wind. Thinking of making the long drive with a 16.5 princecraft pro series..

Is 16klm south “borderline” ?

any feedback or “rule of thumb” would be great and kept in ye olde memory bank
Are you sure it is 16klm and not 16kts?

Wind is breaking around me constantly in Londontown...

woman farting GIF

Wind is breaking around me constantly in Londontown...

woman farting GIF
LOL!! 😂🤣 Again!! @stomp !! 👊👊🙂 At least the bathing suit is “BLUE!!” & Not!! “RED!!” lol 😝 and “GO HABS GO!!” 👊😉EBADC7FA-661C-4EB6-9FBA-A4CEA95B20BC.jpeg 😉 “Wink” “Wink” 😉 👍🙂

Attachments

• 172454A6-D2A8-4C3A-A9EA-609C57729DE3.jpeg
    172454A6-D2A8-4C3A-A9EA-609C57729DE3.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 8
  • BC67696F-8D85-4668-92A4-5368525E6966.jpeg
    BC67696F-8D85-4668-92A4-5368525E6966.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 63AF2AD8-FEEA-4382-B448-98BC401BEDD6.jpeg
    63AF2AD8-FEEA-4382-B448-98BC401BEDD6.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I agree with @vmuravin and don't put much faith in any forecast more than 48 hours out because it's bound to change (and almost always does.) That said, from what I can see on the sites I look at trying to figure out when I might be able to go park my butt on the pier to try again next week, any day starting Tuesday might be ok providing those thunderstorms that are also forecast every day for the next week starting this coming Saturday don't show up. I don't mind sitting out there in the rain, but even I'm not fool enough to sit out there in the middle of a thunderstorm and I wouldn't intentionally get caught out on the lake in one. Had that experience on Great Slave Lake in the NWT.:nailbiting: We saw the storm building off in the distance, thought we had lots of time. We were wrong. From the time we first saw it until it hit us packing high winds, lots of lightning and torrential rain was 20 minutes. We learned a valuable lesson that day.

I agree with @vmuravin and don't put much faith in any forecast more than 48 hours out because it's bound to change (and almost always does.) That said, from what I can see on the sites I look at trying to figure out when I might be able to go park my butt on the pier to try again next week, any day starting Tuesday might be ok providing those thunderstorms that are also forecast every day for the next week starting this coming Saturday don't show up. I don't mind sitting out there in the rain, but even I'm not fool enough to sit out there in the middle of a thunderstorm and I wouldn't intentionally get caught out on the lake in one. Had that experience on Great Slave Lake in the NWT.:nailbiting: We saw the storm building off in the distance, thought we had lots of time. We were wrong. From the time we first saw it until it hit us packing high winds, lots of lightning and torrential rain was 20 minutes. We learned a valuable lesson that day.
Glad to read that you made it back safely @Trevor M on Great Slave Lake,(NWT 👍👍🙂), that day,& to be able to talk about it & always,”Be Safe!!” my friend,either on a pier,(sorry, I don’t have a photo of the Port Bruce pier—yet!! But,maybe soon!! 🎣🐟😉).639D7DBF-16BF-47BE-B68A-9454087FE902.jpeg CAD827D4-BD19-451B-961F-8F1C730F30E8.jpeg or out on a lake,safety always first!! 8C7F66A8-BAD4-4401-8B75-2CC968BC90BC.jpeg 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Thanks for de-railing my question, Stomp! I will return the favour! Lol

what’s the rule of thumb for “wind speeds” and direction for the Canadian side of Lake Erie? Specifically for a 16.5 aluminum with 70hp.

Thanks for de-railing my question, Stomp! I will return the favour! Lol

what’s the rule of thumb for “wind speeds” and direction for the Canadian side of Lake Erie? Specifically for a 16.5 aluminum with 70hp.
Off shore direction 15 -18 k
On shore direction 10-12 k
East or West 10-12 k
I'm in 17.5 foot boat and when winds reach 20 k it becomes hard to stand steady in the boat
With east and west you can get good size rollers plus the chop on top

To add to @Ticker response
East wind will give nasty chop Un predictable west is usually big predictable rollers.

N isn’t always great either if it picks up fast and you are way offshore can get nasty very quick.

Off shore direction 15 -18 k
On shore direction 10-12 k
East or West 10-12 k
I'm in 17.5 foot boat and when winds reach 20 k it becomes hard to stand steady in the boat
With east and west you can get good size rollers plus the chop on top
Note to Stomp! Now THAT is valuable information. Why thank you Ticker!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks