Wind breaking mid next week?

Glad to read that you made it back safely @Trevor M on Great Slave Lake,(NWT 👍👍🙂), that day,& to be able to talk about it & always,”Be Safe!!” my friend,either on a pier,(sorry, I don’t have a photo of the Port Bruce pier—yet!! But,maybe soon!! 🎣🐟😉).View attachment 43758 View attachment 43759 or out on a lake,safety always first!! View attachment 43760 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Well then, here let me help you out Red. Here's some pictures from or of the pier in Pt Bruce I've taken

Attachments

• LIMIT 50 Yellow Perch June 19 2020 Pt Bruce Pier (3).jpg
    LIMIT 50 Yellow Perch June 19 2020 Pt Bruce Pier (3).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Nice little Erie Bass July 2017.jpg
    Nice little Erie Bass July 2017.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Pt Bruce at first light June 17 2021 (3).jpg
    Pt Bruce at first light June 17 2021 (3).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Pt Bruce LOW water May 20 2021.jpg
    Pt Bruce LOW water May 20 2021.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Pt Bruce Pier June 22 2021 730am.jpg
    Pt Bruce Pier June 22 2021 730am.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 19
  • Pt Bruce rescue July 1 2019 Canoe went to far out, got swamped in rolling lake (1).jpg
    Pt Bruce rescue July 1 2019 Canoe went to far out, got swamped in rolling lake (1).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Pt Bruce Sheephead May 22 2017.jpg
    Pt Bruce Sheephead May 22 2017.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 16
  • Damn Bird.jpg
    Damn Bird.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 18
  • June 25, 2018 Walleye #1 caught off the pier.jpg
    June 25, 2018 Walleye #1 caught off the pier.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for de-railing my question, Stomp! I will return the favour! Lol

what’s the rule of thumb for “wind speeds” and direction for the Canadian side of Lake Erie? Specifically for a 16.5 aluminum with 70hp.
It's not his fault. We ALL know farts are funny, unless you're in the direct line of fire or trapped in an elevator and you're not the one releasing the beast.:sick:;):ROFLMAO:

what’s the rule of thumb for “wind speeds” and direction for the Canadian side of Lake Erie? Specifically for a 16.5 aluminum with 70hp.
A lot of things apply to this question. How comfortable are you with the equipment you have. What is your comfort level with the lake when it's rolling, (size of the waves. Some can handle 4-5 ft waves or more, others can't) but a general rule of thumb when it comes to overall safety no matter what it is that you're doing is, when in doubt, DON'T.

Well then, here let me help you out Red. Here's some pictures from or of the pier in Pt Bruce I've taken
Very impressive @Trevor M 👍👍 especially the first 😳 and last photo!! 😳 The @Red Hering will eventually meet up with you on the Port Bruce pier,and not likely till sometime in July,because I plan on fishing for smallmouth bass for the next few weeks,once the bass season opens up this saturday,June 26/21. Please save me some Port Bruce perch!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍

Very impressive @Trevor M 👍👍 especially the first 😳 and last photo!! 😳 The @Red Hering will eventually meet up with you on the Port Bruce pier,and not likely till sometime in July,because I plan on fishing for smallmouth bass for the next few weeks,once the bass season opens up this saturday,June 26/21. Please save me some Port Bruce perch!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟😋😉👍
trevor says he'll save you all you can handle (1)

I'd like to take the credit for catching that walleye, but the only part I played in that was netting it for her. I'm still waiting for it to be my turn to nail a walleye off the pier, I've helped land enough of them over the past few years that I gotta be due right? As for saving you some perch, you're the one with the boat, not me, and while I know where to go to try for'em, I can't cast that far. ;):ROFLMAO:

The window for getting them off the pier in any size and numbers usually closes by the end of the second week of July. I'm hoping that this year with the water being lower, and still being colder than it normally is at this time of the year that they'll maybe be around a little longer than that, especially since so far this year they really haven't come in yet in any size or numbers. Couple decent days but not close to being like it was even last year, evidenced by those 3 skunks I found this year so far, and as I've said, while not unheard of, it is unusual for that to happen in June. Usually even if the perch aren't playing nicely, the sheephead, white perch, silver bass, gobies, and others are around to keep you occupied, steal your bait, and annoy you.

trevor says he'll save you all you can handle (1)
The one's I save for others generally stay in the lake until the next time I get out to try again Gord. That way I know where I left'em.:ROFLMAO: As I've said in past years, I don't LOSE fish, I just leave'em in the lake for next time.

My dad was giving me a hard time for not having caught anything yet when my parents came to visit me on the pier yesterday, I just looked at him and said, "you're just upset because you know IF I don't catch'em, that means you don't get any this year.":p

I'm really starting to regret not going out last weekend and starting to wonder when during my week of upcoming holidays conditions will allow me go out fishing.

I'm really starting to regret not going out last weekend and starting to wonder when during my week of upcoming holidays conditions will allow me go out fishing.
I hear ya there. That's how I feel about not going today. My dad was kind of hinting yesterday that he wanted me to go fishin again today and that he might come down and join me on the pier if I did because mom had other plans today. I told him that I wasn't going today because of what the weather sites I look at were saying for today, (20+ winds out of the south with stronger gusts) So I didn't go and stayed home doing things I didn't want to do that could have been put off until :unsure:.....well until I felt like doing them ;) and then the winds never really seemed to pick up at all, I see a couple posts from today and am kind of kickin myself for not going because I'm not really sure when I'll be able to go next week yet, but more importantly than that, I feel bad that I told him I wasn't going because of what it was supposed to do today because it's rare for my dad to even make the suggestion that he might come down and put a line in for a while.

But, I always have a second rod with me just in case for two reasons, 1) in case my parents show up on the pier and he wants to put a line in, and 2) in case there's a problem with my 'favorite' rod that I use all the time. (ie a mechanical problem, although that hasn't happened yet and I've had that rod for 25+ years now, the oldest rod I own I've had for 35 years but I only really bring it when my wife says she'll come with me because it's the one she prefers to use.)

LOL!! 😂🤣 Again!! @stomp !! 👊👊🙂 At least the bathing suit is “BLUE!!” & Not!! “RED!!” lol 😝 and “GO HABS GO!!” 👊😉View attachment 43748 😉 “Wink” “Wink” 😉 👍🙂
Well Red, said it before, will say it again, as goes Price, so go the Canadiens. He's playing up to that title of being "the best goalie in the world today," and they've earned their spot in the Stanley Cup Final. (yes it pains me to say that :inpain::banghead::ROFLMAO:) Do I want them to win it. NOPE. Do I think they'll win it. NOPE, especially if Tampa wins tomorrow night against the Islanders in game 7 of that series. But, I've said it before, while I'll NEVER bet on them.......I'll never bet against them again either (learned that lesson in '86 and haven't forgotten it.)

Off shore direction 15 -18 k
On shore direction 10-12 k
East or West 10-12 k
I'm in 17.5 foot boat and when winds reach 20 k it becomes hard to stand steady in the boat
With east and west you can get good size rollers plus the chop on top
Would those "K"s have a T behind them or an M behind them..... :giggle: 🐟

Back